NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/)
-   -   just diagnosed..need advice (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/200370-diagnosed-advice.html)

Ozzieace 01-29-2014 09:57 PM

just diagnosed..need advice

My 14 yr old daughter was just diagnosed with fibromyalgia yesterday. She is a very happy go lucky girl, and doesnt let much get her down.

The dr. did not prescribe any medications (which I was ok with), she said she doesn not like starting kids her age on any sleeping aids or other medication, but she did prescribed aggressive PT. She has trouble sleeping, and usually towards mid afternoon she has headaches, back pain, arm numbness, and swollen, red, hot knees.

Any advice anyone can give us in helping her cope with this would be greatly appreciated.

Ozzieace 02-12-2014 08:06 PM

148 views and no reply

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozzieace (Post 1047402)
My 14 yr old daughter was just diagnosed with fibromyalgia yesterday. She is a very happy go lucky girl, and doesnt let much get her down.

The dr. did not prescribe any medications (which I was ok with), she said she doesn not like starting kids her age on any sleeping aids or other medication, but she did prescribed aggressive PT. She has trouble sleeping, and usually towards mid afternoon she has headaches, back pain, arm numbness, and swollen, red, hot knees.

Any advice anyone can give us in helping her cope with this would be greatly appreciated.

twilightlilly 03-15-2014 01:15 AM

Acupuncture

Quote:

Acupuncture has helped me tremendously with the pain. I would recommend this treatment over massage therapy. The needles are thin, so the treatment does not hurt. Good luck navigating this very strange and frustrating disease.

Sea Pines 50 03-15-2014 09:53 PM

Just a suggestion…

Quote:

I am so sorry you have not had more of a response to your post! I suggest you try re-posting it in the Chronic Pain forum, as it seems more active than this one. (Of course, we all hope that your daughter's pain does not become chronic!)

Good luck to both of you.

sick-of-being-sick3 07-23-2014 10:23 PM

Quote:

fibro and chronic my whole life found out this year it was that long explained allot

it will get worse with age it will get worse with trauma falling from playground trees etc

martial arts pure focus and center body and mind meditation

teaching and rewiring the mind and how it precieves pain

self meditation never quit or slow down the more you let fibro and pain run the show the more pain and not willing to be active she will be

stress is horrible on fibro

get multiple opinions like it or not she needs lyrica not narcotic but fibro and diabetic pain control

im on a beta blocker of something for migraines

home massage save money

move around till yo feel balls in her muscles and push as hard as possible to release them but lots of water it releases toxins

good luck