NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Worse day in months :( (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/201187-worse-day-months.html)

Stacy2012 02-18-2014 06:22 PM

Worse day in months :(

Winter is over and so is my reprieve. :mad:

Guess this answers my question of were my feet doing better from supplements or simply because its colder. Today was 69 degrees and even though I was inside, it is warmer in the house too, and my feet hurt all day. Never thought in a million years I would say I like winter and the cold since I use to live to be in the ray of the sunshine.

Depressed.:(

Sallysblooms 02-18-2014 07:33 PM

I am so sorry. I hope this will not last. :) Feel better.

Sham 02-18-2014 08:22 PM

I am so sorry you are having a bad day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacy2012 (Post 1051935)

Guess this answers my question of were my feet doing better from supplements or simply because its colder. Today was 69 degrees and even though I was inside, it is warmer in the house too, and my feet hurt all day. Never thought in a million years I would say I like winter and the cold since I use to live to be in the ray of the sunshine.

hopeful 02-18-2014 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacy2012 (Post 1051935)

Hi,
I'm sorry you are feeling depressed. It is so hard to realize things aren't going as well as you hoped. I hope you feel better tomorrow. :hug:

Stacy2012 02-18-2014 10:26 PM

I guess its just one of those days. I was so excited at how easy its been this winter but it's my first winter really with this pn so had nothing to compare it to. I had hoped because it was so much better it was because things improved but it appears it is only the fact that my feet are so temperature based.

Even the fan blowing today didn't help as much because the air it blows is warmer.

Its a huge mental adjustment to realize things are not better as I thought.

Thanks for the support. Nice to have a place to say"i am depressed today" as I do not do it anywhere else.

This to shall pass. .....

Dr. Smith 02-19-2014 02:40 AM

Just out of curiosity, you might review your pain journal/memory over the past few days. Is it possible there may be a trigger at work here coincidental to the weather change?

Doc

Susanne C. 02-19-2014 07:04 AM

I am also hoping that it isn't just the weather, as it would be so hard to know that the next six or seven months were going to bring increased pain. I am sure that you have thought of all the other obvious possibilities, but please let us know if you are feeling better despite the warmer weather. This is such an idiosyncratic disease and so hard to predict.

Stacy2012 02-19-2014 07:31 AM

I did cheat the last two days with high carbs/sugar and it could have contributed to the awful day but I have a feeling it is not just the cheating. I have cheated this winter and not paid this high of a price. This is the very first day it was this awful and its also the first day the temperature in my house is 69.

CeCe55 02-20-2014 08:25 AM

Hoping that you are feeling better today! The weather seems to play a huge part in how many of us feel symptom wise. For some heat is the enemy and for others like myself the cold can be equally as devastating.

Dr. Smith 02-20-2014 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacy2012 (Post 1052058)
I did cheat the last two days with high carbs/sugar and it could have contributed to the awful day but I have a feeling it is not just the cheating. I have cheated this winter and not paid this high of a price.

FWIW, there are some dietary things I can cheat with—once (i.e. one day)—and get away with, but if I try it twice (2 days in a row, or sometimes twice in a week)... all heck breaks loose (HECK, I tell ya!)

This is where the diary/journal comes in. I couldn't explain certain bad days either until I looked back at everything, from weather to diet to activities to emotional states to... the price of pork bellies... :rolleyes:

This is how I identified most of my migraine and IBS triggers (that weren't blatently obvious). :p

Then again, there are those days that are as inexplicable as the cause/reason for some of our neuropathies, and stressing over it may be worse than the underlying symptoms.

Doc