NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Spinal Disorders & Back Pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/spinal-disorders-and-back-pain/)
-   -   Lumbar Disc Replacement (https://www.neurotalk.org/spinal-disorders-and-back-pain/201209-lumbar-disc-replacement.html)

CaliDreamin777 02-19-2014 08:21 AM

Lumbar Disc Replacement

I am looking at having a lumbar artifical disc replacement at L5-S1 very soon. Has anyone else on the forum had the procedure done?

CaliDreamin777 03-24-2014 02:45 PM

No one??????

Dr. Smith 03-27-2014 10:07 AM

Hi Cali,

Sorry no-one has responded, much less welcomed you. The procedure was suggested to me by a couple people (elsewhere) who'd had it successfully, but when I asked my ortho, he said my arthritis was too severe for surgery.

If you haven't yet, you might Search the archives for posts/threads by folks who may not be currently active.

If that's of no help, send me a PM (private message) (but not email).

Doc

PamelaJune 04-01-2014 02:42 AM

Sorry I never saw this post

Hi there, I have noticed not everyone uses this forum as much as others in the site. I haven't had a disc replacement but have had spinal fusions. I was to have an anterior fusion done June 2013 but due to previous complications I'm unable to have any anterior surgery. They did a posterior fusion L4/5 &S1 which meant they were unable to insert the "cage" between the vertebrae and instead fused it with titanium rods and screws.

Try the search button and type in artificial lumbar disc replacement and it may bring you to where others have posted. I wish you all the very best, try searching on YouTube as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliDreamin777 (Post 1052065)
I am looking at having a lumbar artifical disc replacement at L5-S1 very soon. Has anyone else on the forum had the procedure done?

dspine 04-18-2014 04:38 AM

not so soon

Quote:

Hi their, CaliDreamin777 welcome my procedure was a lumbar fusion L3/4back in 2010,the only reason i decided for the surgery was because i would actually fall down,leg would give extreme lumbar pain.And i thought i had a high pain threshold,it was to overwhelming.Now left with failed back sydrome L5/S1 herniation T7/8 also, and my surgeon putting me on totall disability!So please if it is really affecting your quality of life then go ahead if not just deal with the pain the best you can.GOOD LUCK

Lottie 04-28-2014 07:56 PM

Quote:

Hi Cali, sorry I'm just now seeing this and hope I'm not too late. As you can see by my history below, I had the disc replacement done. Sad for me the rotten thing broke in my spine and I now have CRPS and limited mobility. Of course, my story isn't typical but I thought you would want to know. Feel free to PM me. ~lottie

ladyinpain 05-13-2014 08:35 PM

Quote:

Hi Cali!

I had this procedure done in December 2009. I also had a fusion of L5-S1, and decompression. The surgery was a success, but I developed more problems. I also have a bulge on L4, but it wasn't bad enough to fuse. I was diagnosed with Failed Back Surgery Syndrome in December 2013. Is there anything else you would like to know about the procedure?