NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Daffodils are starting to emerge. (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/201277-daffodils-starting-emerge.html)

Brokenfriend 02-21-2014 04:04 AM

Daffodils are starting to emerge.

I was pulling up to my apartment in my car Thursday afternoon,and I saw young Daffodils starting to emerge out of the soil. A snow mound was there several days ago. I haven't seen the flowers yet,but the green part of the plants are starting to emerge out of the soil. I see the green Daffodil plants coming up fast.

Spring is coming. Don't worry. Nature has it's timings. :) BF:hug::hug::hug:

TBI/PTSD 02-21-2014 05:51 AM

Yeah!

I love this time of year, God's handiwork is so beautiful. I have been looking for buds on the pear trees too. I hope my outdoor plants come back from the winter, it was a tough one. Thanks for posting this BF it keeps me right here in today.

Mari 02-21-2014 09:09 AM

Steve,

That is beautiful.Springtime :D :yahoo:

Do you get crocuses early too? I used to love to watch for those.

Mari

bizi 02-21-2014 09:38 AM

yes the plants change with the weather, I noticed my paper whites are blooming(they have bloomed in december) and the Japanese magnolias(tulip trees) are blooming as well. spring is here for sure!
It will be 65 here today, been in the 70's the past few days and rainy. But today the sun is out it should be perfect weather. must get out doors today.
bizi

Brokenfriend 02-21-2014 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mari (Post 1052474)
Steve,

That is beautiful.Springtime :D :yahoo:

Do you get crocuses early too? I used to love to watch for those.

Mari

Hi Mari. I'm not to familiar with crocuses. My mother was in a garden club,and my grand mother on my mom's side of the family had a green house connected
to the left side of her house. They knew all of the names of the plants,and flowers.

Now I was a butterfly collector. My neighbor who's now a scientist with NASA got me interested in that. I caught,and mounted,and displayed butterflies,and moths that where colorful. I loved that hobby. I haven't done that in years. I was a fun hobby.

Soon we will hear Spring Peepers. I love their sounds. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Brokenfriend 02-21-2014 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizi (Post 1052483)
yes the plants change with the weather, I noticed my paper whites are blooming(they have bloomed in december) and the Japanese magnolias(tulip trees) are blooming as well. spring is here for sure!
It will be 65 here today, been in the 70's the past few days and rainy. But today the sun is out it should be perfect weather. must get out doors today.
bizi

Hey Bizi. I hope that you enjoy the day. Have fun. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Brokenfriend 02-21-2014 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBI/PTSD (Post 1052453)
I love this time of year, God's handiwork is so beautiful. I have been looking for buds on the pear trees too. I hope my outdoor plants come back from the winter, it was a tough one. Thanks for posting this BF it keeps me right here in today.

Hey TBI/PTSD. Spring is my favorite time of the year also. Everything comes alive,and it's beautiful. I love the sound of Spring Peepers. We will hear a chorus of them soon. They are soothing to the heart to hear. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Lara 02-21-2014 05:51 PM

wow, that's a great sign BF.

My crocus are just blooming. They do that here for me at the end of Summer/Start of Autumn (Fall). I love the crocus. People used to call me the crocus fairy because when they were dormant I'd go around planting them everywhere I could just so there would be that wonderful surprise when they finally flowered.

Weird upside down world we live in!

Mari 02-23-2014 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara (Post 1052581)
wow, that's a great sign BF.

My crocus are just blooming. They do that here for me at the end of Summer/Start of Autumn (Fall). I love the crocus. People used to call me the crocus fairy because when they were dormant I'd go around planting them everywhere I could just so there would be that wonderful surprise when they finally flowered.

Weird upside down world we live in!

I do not know who planted the crocuses from my memory.
When I was in grade school there were some white ones that would open up very very early in the spring /late winter.
Once they came up through some snow.

My mother was always very happy to see them.

We had some daffodils that seemed to grow wild too. I think that they were yellow.

M

DiMarie 02-25-2014 11:32 PM

Ugh, even with two days above 40* and rain! we still have a 2' snow pack and mounds around my flower garden area from shoveling the walks. Looks like more to come this week, weekend, and next Tuesday.

Steve what a hopeful sign of Spring! Glad you shared. :)
Di