NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   How long did it take to get an answer after CDR? (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/201886-answer-cdr.html)

ssdirecipient 03-08-2014 06:57 PM

How long did it take to get an answer after CDR?

Hi,

I was wondering how long it took everyone to get an answer back after submitting the short form CDR? I read one thread where it only took one person 4 weeks after submitting the short form CDR. What is everyone else's experience? How long did it take for you to hear back from SSA whether your benefits would be continued or not? Thanks for your answer...

charleslou1982 03-09-2014 09:37 AM

I received my short form on February 16 and mailed it back on February 17. I have heard nothing as of 3/9/14.

In 2010 I had the dreaded long form. It came in August around the 5th. And around the 7th of September I received info that I had to attend a Consultative Examination (Scary as I had been receiving continuous treatment since 2005.

I went to CE in mid October and around the 20th of November I received my letter stating benefits would continue.

This time receiving the short form was kind of a relief as they don't expect much medical improvement in my case, but they say that 5% of these are pulled at random so if I get the long form, it is what it is.

I know its easier said then done, but try not to get too worked up over this. They probably mailed several hundred thousand in this February batch.

Hope this helped and keep us informed.

:hug:

Bobby17 03-16-2014 01:00 AM

Charles,
why didnt you ask to go to your own doctor for the exam?

Bobby

Quote:

Originally Posted by charleslou1982 (Post 1055842)
I received my short form on February 16 and mailed it back on February 17. I have heard nothing as of 3/9/14.

In 2010 I had the dreaded long form. It came in August around the 5th. And around the 7th of September I received info that I had to attend a Consultative Examination (Scary as I had been receiving continuous treatment since 2005.

I went to CE in mid October and around the 20th of November I received my letter stating benefits would continue.

This time receiving the short form was kind of a relief as they don't expect much medical improvement in my case, but they say that 5% of these are pulled at random so if I get the long form, it is what it is.

I know its easier said then done, but try not to get too worked up over this. They probably mailed several hundred thousand in this February batch.

Hope this helped and keep us informed.

:hug:

razzle51 03-16-2014 02:35 PM

mine took about 4 weeks ..

cybermember 03-16-2014 03:45 PM

I mailed mine 16 days ago so I'm waiting for a determination also.

charleslou1982 03-17-2014 02:39 PM

Bobby, he told me he'd never done the Consultative Exam. I figured I had enough documentation from years of treatment had the exam went against me, I could have appealed. But it wasn't an issue anyway.

As of 3/17 still haven't heard back yet about a month now on my short form cdr.

ssdirecipient 03-20-2014 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charleslou1982 (Post 1057677)
Bobby, he told me he'd never done the Consultative Exam. I figured I had enough documentation from years of treatment had the exam went against me, I could have appealed. But it wasn't an issue anyway.

As of 3/17 still haven't heard back yet about a month now on my short form cdr.

Just got the letter saying they will not be reviewing my disability case at this time. Almost 4 weeks to the day after mailing in the short form CDR. What now? Does this mean another 5-7 years before the next review? Or does it mean another review could happen at any time?

echoes long ago 03-20-2014 11:33 PM

it could happen at any time for anyone but most likely you wont get another short or long form at least for the period of your scheduled review

LIT LOVE 03-21-2014 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echoes long ago (Post 1058430)
it could happen at any time for anyone but most likely you wont get another short or long form at least for the period of your scheduled review

ELA is correct, with the main exception being if you have any earnings from employment. ;)

It likely doesn't apply, but just in case...

cybermember 04-07-2014 04:54 PM

Five weeks today since I mailed back the short form CDR and nothing yet.