NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   ideas for dog name (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/202876-ideas-dog-name.html)

missj 04-02-2014 02:46 PM

ideas for dog name

Family friend thinking of getting an Irish Troodle and I wanted to offer some Irish inspired names in the event they move forward

Ollis O'Neil or
Ollis O'Malley

I think I like the 5 syllables better than 4. Seems more regal.

Ideas?

TXBatman 04-02-2014 04:09 PM

How about Seamus O'Nme? Or Paddy O'Dorr? Sorry, too punny?

missj 04-02-2014 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXBatman (Post 1060974)
How about Seamus O'Nme? Or Paddy O'Dorr? Sorry, too punny?

got the 2nd one but the first??

thanks!

TXBatman 04-02-2014 07:46 PM

Seamus O'Nme...or Shame is on me?

doydie 04-02-2014 10:44 PM

What is a troodle?

Erin524 04-03-2014 02:00 AM

The Irish word for "dog" is "madadh", which is pronounced as "mah-doo". Just throwing that out there as a suggestion.

I like ironic dog names. My last dog weighed 150 pounds, and his name was Tiny. (Full name was TinyMonsters)

I already private messaged you about the weird coincidence in the names in your first post. I told my parents. They got a giggle out of it.

Erika 04-03-2014 05:06 AM

Murdoch, Finn, Duffy, MacDuff
Faolan & Conan; both mean hound or wolf

With love, Erika

mrsD 04-03-2014 05:13 AM

Naming a pet is tough....

I tend to favor simple names, as I've learned that long names tend to abbreviate with time.

With our last kitten, I had a list of names ending in a... I wanted something different from Weezie in sound. When we got her, then I went thru the list, over a week's time or so, until one seemed to "fit" her personality. (so we called her baby for a short time... as I call all our kittens baby ... :rolleyes: ) The final choice was Maya.
It was 2012 and the Maya end of days was predicted. She is very timid even today...to her the end of the world may still be imminent!

St George 2013 04-03-2014 05:31 AM

Good Morning Everybody :)

It's going to 80 degrees in GA today ! Whoo Hoo !

We just got a mixed chi-chi that weighs about 4 lbs.....named him Angus.....Angus O'Reilly ?

Shoot.....is Angus even Irish ? :Scratch-Head:

Debi from Georgia

TXBatman 04-03-2014 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin524 (Post 1061092)
I like ironic dog names. My last dog weighed 150 pounds, and his name was Tiny. (Full name was TinyMonsters)

You would like our cats then...we have one named Mouse, for his white fur and pink nose that makes him look like a lab mouse; one named Scooby, for his willingness to do anything for a snack; and one named Lobo (Spanish for wolf) due to his face and eyes looking very wolffish. I think the folks at the vet office just think we are confused...