NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   North Carolina, Northeast, or Virginia Southeast (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/202948-north-carolina-northeast-virginia-southeast.html)

eddie27970 04-04-2014 08:31 AM

North Carolina, Northeast, or Virginia Southeast

Looking for PN sufferes in Northeast corner of North Carolina, USA. Or in Virginia Southeast area such as Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Suffolk, etc. I'm in a very, very rual area of North Carolina. Only one Neurologist within. Hour and Half drive. Meaning it will. Take me 1 & 1/2 hours, one way, to see anyother doctor. No Neurosurgeons close. No Orthopedic Doctos close to help with really bad back problems. So, if any PN sufferes near me I'd love to hear.from you and find out some good doctors totry and see. Thank you

St George 2013 04-04-2014 09:18 AM

Hey Eddie.....you got a problem with Georgia ?

lol......I'm just messin' with ya !

Mr April Fool's Jokster :)

Truly hope someone can help you out in finding a good doctor.

Debi from Georgia

eddie27970 04-04-2014 09:56 AM

Yes. I have recently developed a new (friend) problem with Georgia. (The Devil made me say that) Seems instead of problem, I've gained a new friend in Gerogia. Only thing I know about there is way back the Veterans Admin sent me to Atlanta and I went up in that rotating resturant with open center at bottom where motel rooms had balconies facing indide and able to look down to nice water fall pond full of money. Crabtree. I think? Oh yea. I know one other thing about Gegoris now. Debi. :-)
N

Dr. Smith 04-04-2014 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie27970 (Post 1061359)
Looking for PN sufferes in Northeast corner of North Carolina, USA. Or in Virginia Southeast area such as Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Suffolk, etc.

Looking to start a club/Meetup? :rolleyes:

Doc

Edit: I was initially kidding, but this link came up. Don't know if it's of any help/use, but maybe a clue/contact...?

Veterans Corner: Vietnam service ‘presumptive’ disability benefits

eddie27970 04-05-2014 05:31 AM

Thanks for the link. Just got thru reading it, and several other links that one pointed to. I've currently got a Claim for Benefits pending with the VA. In 1978 I had a motorcycle accident that destroyed my right foot. The first 3 doctors wanted to amputate. I finally got the 3rd one to try and save it. He did. But only the blood vessels hooked up. I was in the Coast Guard, and they Medically Retired me at 30%, meaning I have full retirement benefits as if I'd been in for 20 years (instead of 5 years) and 30% of my base pay.

Jump ahead to year 2000 when the VA stopped making my special custom made shoes, and sent me to "outside providers." For the next 12 years, these outside provider shoes never helped, and instead made it painful to work in. First Sciatica in both legs, bulging discs in back, to eventually all discs in lumbar depleted and arthritis in tail bone closing up around small holes more nerves pass thru. The VA shoes helped a lot. Outside provider shoes messed up way I walk and therefore messed up my back. Messed up back lead to many pinched nerves, which lead to PN in both feet (which, by the way, was about the worse I ever endured last night). The PN started about 4 or 5 years ago. Guys at work used to laugh when I'd stop and take off shoes to dump out sand, that was not in my shoes, but sure felt like it was.

So, again, Thank You. There is information there that I can use.

karen9093 04-06-2014 07:41 AM

Could you make use of Angel Flights?

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie27970 (Post 1061533)
Thanks for the link. Just got thru reading it, and several other links that one pointed to. I've currently got a Claim for Benefits pending with the VA. In 1978 I had a motorcycle accident that destroyed my right foot. The first 3 doctors wanted to amputate. I finally got the 3rd one to try and save it. He did. But only the blood vessels hooked up. I was in the Coast Guard, and they Medically Retired me at 30%, meaning I have full retirement benefits as if I'd been in for 20 years (instead of 5 years) and 30% of my base pay.

Jump ahead to year 2000 when the VA stopped making my special custom made shoes, and sent me to "outside providers." For the next 12 years, these outside provider shoes never helped, and instead made it painful to work in. First Sciatica in both legs, bulging discs in back, to eventually all discs in lumbar depleted and arthritis in tail bone closing up around small holes more nerves pass thru. The VA shoes helped a lot. Outside provider shoes messed up way I walk and therefore messed up my back. Messed up back lead to many pinched nerves, which lead to PN in both feet (which, by the way, was about the worse I ever endured last night). The PN started about 4 or 5 years ago. Guys at work used to laugh when I'd stop and take off shoes to dump out sand, that was not in my shoes, but sure felt like it was.

So, again, Thank You. There is information there that I can use.