NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Terrible Day... (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/202987-terrible-day.html)

catra121 04-05-2014 11:49 AM

Terrible Day...

Just feeling the need to vent a little...

I found out a little over a week ago that I am pregnant (about 8 weeks right now). I'm very excited. Last night...I started to get some really bad abdominal pains and chest pains so I left work and went to the ER.

The people at the ER were truly wonderful...I have never in all my trips there had such a completely wonderful team of people take care of me...and I am actually looking forward to getting a survey so I can give them all glowing reviews. They kept me warm, with warm blankets every 30 minutes or so and every single one of them was comforting and trying to make me feel better.

They had me get a chest xray (double shielded by tummy), I got 2 EKGs, LOTS of bloodwork, IV fluids (which means they used both my arms), and I was subjected to a 2+ hour ultrasound where I swear they checked every nook and cranny of my insides. Good news...everything looks great including my little one (who I got to see for the first time on the ultrasound complete with heart beat at about 1:30am). Bad news...I feel like I have been beaten black and blue from the inside out. It was the ultrasound, the IV site, and the blood draw sites that really did me in...the ultrasound was the worst though I think.

Basically they said it's the pregnancy hormones running crazy and causing really bad heartburn (I've NEVER had heartburn that felt like this) or could possibly be a flare up of my RSD due to the stretching and straining that's going on in my abdomen (the bloating is ridiculous...I look huge but I know I'm not showing this early). Fun stuff, huh? They told me I was right to come in though because with this sort of pain...you just don't know and need to get checked out. There were a lot of serious things that it COULD have been...so I'm glad I went in. But goodness...today I really feel like I was beaten up and left for dead in the street...and that's on top of still having the pains I went there with.

So I'm supposed to rest, wear loose clothing, and watch what I eat...then follow up with my OBGYN. Thank goodness I have the weekend off. I'm not moving off this couch for anything besides food if I can help it...

At least I have the peace of mind...knowing everything is A-Okay functionally...and that it's just the pain (as always) that's bothering me.

Thanks for being there for me to get that off my chest...just needed to let it all out...

allentgamer 04-05-2014 12:20 PM

Glad your mind is at ease :hug:

zookester 04-05-2014 12:32 PM

Wow Congrats!! I am so happy that everything turned out to be okay for the both of you. Sounds like a great day to hang out and watch a few good movies.

Take good care,
Tessa

Nanc 04-05-2014 01:05 PM

Sorry you had such a rough time catra, but congratulations!! Happy to hear everything is ok as far as the baby goes! Hope you can get plenty of rest this weekend and recuperate! Happy too that the hospital staff was so great with you, it is rare and so wonderful!

Take care of yourself,
Nanc
:hug:

catra121 04-05-2014 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanc (Post 1061611)
Sorry you had such a rough time catra, but congratulations!! Happy to hear everything is ok as far as the baby goes! Hope you can get plenty of rest this weekend and recuperate! Happy too that the hospital staff was so great with you, it is rare and so wonderful!

Take care of yourself,
Nanc
:hug:

I know...I always dread going to the ER for anything because of fear of how I will be treated there. Best I've come to hope for is that they are generally not helpful...worst is that they are down right rude, ignore my needs related to the RSD, and accusatory. This was just so unexpected and wonderful. The nurse said she didn't know what RSD was but went and looked it up after I told her about it and she did her best for me. There really are wonderful people in the healthcare field...I've had so many bad experiences that I really treasure these great ones. And it was great...top to bottom...as far as the staff goes.

I am just so miserable today pain wise though...it's quite frustrating. I am always so proud of myself for pushing through...but today is just bad. Every breath is pain...every movement no matter how small is pain. :(

The irony is that this is true every day...but this ADDITIONAL pain on top of all the other is what is kicking me in the rear. I really want to take a hot bath...but want to wait until my boyfriend gets home from work on the off chance I have a hard time getting out of the tub. I'm having such a hard time moving that I think that could be a real problem today so I want to be safe (yet another reason I'm so frustrated...I'm used to being so independent these days and don't want to go back to not being able to do things for myself...even if it's just for a short time).

Ugh! Just a bad day...I'm allowed those every once in a while, right?

Adalaide 04-05-2014 04:13 PM

Gratz on the good news! I'm sorry you're suffering. Hopefully this is a momentary thing and won't continue through the remainder of the pregnancy. I'm glad that you were taken good care of. We're all allowed to vent and mope when we have bad days. Take it easy and feel better.

Llynnyia 04-05-2014 04:20 PM

Congratulations about the baby, You are so brave to have one while suffering from this condition.:hug: I hope you are starting to feel better and if not I hope tomorrow is better.

krow46 04-05-2014 04:38 PM

catra, I am impressed with your er incident. I have not had the best of luck either, although the veterans hospital did a great job with me. Congrats on the little one and I hope your condition improves. Perhaps when your significant other gets home you can bounce some of your discomfort with him. Hoping all your discomfort improves catra and may your evening shadow your day with smiles.

RSD ME 04-05-2014 05:43 PM

I am so happy for you Catra! Congrats on your oncoming arrival! I hope that you have a peaceful night and a beautiful journey throughout your pregnancy. With Love, Renee.

fbodgrl 04-05-2014 09:19 PM

Glad you had good treatment at the ER. Its such a toss up when I go in...usually not the best treatment.

Congratulations on your little one :yahoo:

I hope you feel better after some rest.