NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   Does anyone have any recommendations on the best hospital to go for Polyneuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/203555-recommendations-hospital-polyneuropathy.html)

tkuester 04-20-2014 11:29 PM

Does anyone have any recommendations on the best hospital to go for Polyneuropathy

Can anyone help me out with a referral to a good neurological clinic or neurologist? I was thinking of going to John Hopkins but I'll go anywhere. Coincidentally I'm a pilot and can travel easily. I have bilateral ulnar/Cubital tunnel, bilateral carpal, and my left leg is half of what my right leg is on the nerve studie/emgs. This all came on in a 6 month period. I had an ulnar nerve transposition on my left arm but I don't think it worked because I still feel like chopping off my pinkie cause it hurts so bad.
I've had a lot of test and blood work done. All the test were normal except for emgs. Would this be considered polyneuropathy? I have no idea what would cause this in a short period of time. My neurologist isn't taking this seriously. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Todd

Lara 04-25-2014 03:24 PM

Hi Todd,
Welcome to the NeuroTalk Support Groups! :Wave-Hello:

You could maybe ask over on the
Peripheral Neuropathy Forum

Someone there may be able to recommend somewhere.

You could also post over on the
Repetitive Strain Injury Forum
which is a sub-forum on the
Thoracic Outlet Syndrome Forum

All the best to you in finding some recommendations and some answers.

david x 04-29-2014 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkuester (Post 1064995)
Can anyone help me out with a referral to a good neurological clinic or neurologist? I was thinking of going to John Hopkins but I'll go anywhere. Coincidentally I'm a pilot and can travel easily. I have bilateral ulnar/Cubital tunnel, bilateral carpal, and my left leg is half of what my right leg is on the nerve studie/emgs. This all came on in a 6 month period. I had an ulnar nerve transposition on my left arm but I don't think it worked because I still feel like chopping off my pinkie cause it hurts so bad.
I've had a lot of test and blood work done. All the test were normal except for emgs. Would this be considered polyneuropathy? I have no idea what would cause this in a short period of time. My neurologist isn't taking this seriously. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Todd

Are you on a statin drug???

david x 04-29-2014 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david x (Post 1066615)
Are you on a statin drug???

gggggggggggggg

david x 04-29-2014 06:00 PM

:mad:
Quote:

Originally Posted by david x (Post 1066617)
gggggggggggggg

wetqwrqwhwrhgerdjen:mad: