NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Neuro Pain / Electric Shock in my Eye! (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/203556-neuro-pain-electric-shock-eye.html)

Vrae 04-20-2014 11:36 PM

Neuro Pain / Electric Shock in my Eye!

.. in my EYE! :eek: I couldn't believe it! I don't know why I couldn't believe it.. but literally in my eye. Just one eye, just one time. Not horrible, but it was unmistakable. stunned me. :rolleyes: <sigh>

zookester 04-20-2014 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vrae (Post 1064997)
.. in my EYE! :eek: I couldn't believe it! I don't know why I couldn't believe it.. but literally in my eye. Just one eye, just one time. Not horrible, but it was unmistakable. stunned me. :rolleyes: <sigh>

Oh NO!!! I'm so sorry.. I hope this was just a fluke and not something that will return!

Frickn' CRPS!

:hug:
Tessa

anon6715 04-21-2014 06:08 AM

Yikes! I really hope it was just a one-off thing. Fingers crossed.

:hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vrae (Post 1064997)

Brambledog 04-21-2014 06:38 AM

Omg nasty stuff :confused: Hope you are ok now Vrae...

Just as a reassurance, my elder daughter had something very similar a few months ago, and we asked the optician about it. She literally clutched at her face suddenly and cried out (at 16 yrs) and said it felt like she was being stabbed in the eye. Scary stuff and really shook her up. The optician checked her out and said she had strained her eyes, and it was the muscles and tissues of the eye causing the pain. Turned out she wasn't wearing her glasses enough :rolleyes:. He said the eye is capable of causing a lot more pain than most folk think, and that a lot of simple things can cause deep pain, including your eyes needing a new prescription, having dry eyes, and just using screens too much. My daughter started wearing her glasses more like she should have been, and she hasn't had it since.

I know it's a whole different ball game when you have CRPS, but I'm just saying that it might not be CRPS, and there is a good likelihood that it's something more simple that can be helped. Maybe see your optician and just get them checked out.....but I really really hope it's just a one-off thing.

Take it easy x

Bram :hug:

Nanc 04-21-2014 10:56 AM

Hope you are OK Vrae and that this is a one-time pain thing...ya got enough to deal with so this needs to not come back!!

krow46 04-21-2014 11:39 AM

I hope this is not related at all to rsd/crps Vrae and was a jolt from something else. I wholly agree with Bram tho because our body is programed to send a red flag if something needs attention. Getting the eyes checked might be fruitful. I hope it doesn't arrive again. Best wishes for a good day.

eevo61 04-21-2014 05:39 PM

Vrae,hope your dr check you soon and the eye problem doesn't happen again,wish you the best,jesika

Vrae 04-21-2014 06:13 PM

Thank you!!

Thanks.. I do appreciate the love as always. I had my eyes checked in late January and a new Rx. I have felt the spread of CRPS in my face, tongue, lips, scalp for a long time now. I often feel it in my lips and tongue. I’ve had it around my eye, just never in my eye. Crazy! The shocks in my head are never like the shocks throughout the rest of my body; they aren’t as bad thank God.

It was just one shock, just one time, and thankfully it didn’t hurt too bad. Hopefully that will be all of that! I was going about my business and it stopped me in my tracks, like whoa! hellooo CRPS.. yes, I know you’re in me. and as quick as it arrived it was gone. whew!

Ticked me off more than anything really, because it surprised me. It intruded upon me and what I was doing. Does that make any sense? I think the steroid they’re giving me have me a little over sensitive to just about anything right now <sigh> :o

You guys are the best, thanks so much! :hug: VR

murgir 04-21-2014 09:36 PM

Oh Vrae, I have the burning around my eyes and that freaks me out. I can't imagine the eyeball itself. Hope it never happens again. I haven't been on much because of working 5 days a week and being busy on the weekends. I have spent more time with my grandkids lately. Wish only the best for you, Jan