NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Neurological Supplements (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/203851-neurological-supplements.html)

Allanira 04-28-2014 03:34 PM

Neurological Supplements

Does anyone else take a neurological supplement that is compounded for them? I ran out yesterday and more is supposed to be on the way. I have a massive headache today which is the first time I haven't taken it in 3 months. I know it's not from my boys or 4 legged btats. I'm wondering if my system is so used to having the higher amount of supplements that it's causing it.

Allanira 04-30-2014 06:39 AM

No answer? Well thanks for the help, or rather no help.

zookester 04-30-2014 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allanira (Post 1066710)
No answer? Well thanks for the help, or rather no help.

Hi Allanira,

I'm sorry you didn't get a response from this posting. I am not prescribed compounded supplements but, I do take supplements that are for neurological support. I have not experienced a headache when I've missed a dose so that won't help you much, sorry. It would seem that if you had another episode of having a headache after not taking them that you could then link the two but, only having one episode it would be more coincidental.

Hopefully your headache has been relieved by now!

Nanc 04-30-2014 10:58 AM

Hi Allanira! Sorry you didn't get any responses to help you out. I hate when I post a question and do not get anything back...so frustrating. Unfortunately I cannot offer any real help to you because I do not take any compounded neurological supplements. IMO, I would think that if your body is used to it and all the sudden you are not taking it that would affect you.

Hope you are doing better today.
Nanc
:hug:

mrsD 04-30-2014 12:07 PM

It would really help to frame an answer if you include what exactly you are using. Then I may perhaps be able to suggest something.;)

allentgamer 05-01-2014 02:37 AM

I use a compounded cream, but everything else is not. I hope you get it soon!!

Allanira 05-03-2014 08:20 AM

UPS was very late (830pm) on getting it here. It has
Magnesium Glycinate
Methilcobalamin
pyridoxal-5-phosphate
nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide
5-methyltetrahydrofolate calcium
coq10
lipoic acid, dl alpha
acetylcystine
chromium picolinate
vit d3
zinc
It's compounded with really high amounts of everything that is "supposed" to help with neuropathic health. It gives me really bad heartburn for about an hour after taking it then I'm fine. It's just the almost migraine I had that day. The last time I had a migraine like that I was having withdrawal from the gabapentin when I was getting off that because I was pregnant with my youngest son. I tried the ketamine cream and it didn't work for me. Plus my oldest kept trying to touch it right after I put it on. I'm going to be trying the lidoderm patches. I'm on 1800 mg gabapentin, norco as needed, this supplement, and now lidoderm. My PM dr would love to get an SCS in me but I can't do it with 2 really young boys. I told him after my boys are old enough not to need me to pick them up any more then I can really think about getting one. My Dr will prescribe me anything we think will help. We talk about the meds before we decide together what I should be on. I don't know if this supplement is working or not but I did say I would give it a fair shot. Lyrica didn't work for me. I did try it and gave it a fair chance and nothing.
Nanc I do hate when I'm trying to get info and get ignored. Sorry I haven't been on lately. Between driving to and from El Paso, and taking care of goober boys and 4 legged brat kids I've been a little busy. I will try and be more active on here.
On a good note if Mother Nature really is back on her bipolar meds we should be getting a lotwarmer weather with a lot lower winds. That means I will be able to go outside and not with my leg bundled up like it's -20 outside. If my leg gets a little bit cold I'm down for the count. I will be hurting for days. I can also stop wearing socks that really hurt too.