NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Hydrocephalus (https://www.neurotalk.org/hydrocephalus/)
-   -   Endoscopic Third Ventriculostomy (https://www.neurotalk.org/hydrocephalus/203858-endoscopic-third-ventriculostomy.html)

hydrokelly 04-28-2014 06:54 PM

Endoscopic Third Ventriculostomy

I was diagnosed with Hydrocephalus when I was.. 14 and turned 15 in the hospital. I got an ETV.. I now suffer from nausea, trouble sleeping, and neck pain.. I am 17 going on 18 and I never thought that those symptoms could have anything to do with my hydrocephalus but reading these boards I have discovered that may not be the case..
My neurosurgeon declared my brain "normal" awhile back.. I'm thinking should I schedule an appointment and express my concerns? I mean I've had these symptoms for a loooong time.
How do I deal with them? My biggest issue is the nausea.

hydrokelly 05-21-2014 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrokelly (Post 1066423)
I was diagnosed with Hydrocephalus when I was.. 14 and turned 15 in the hospital. I got an ETV.. I now suffer from nausea, trouble sleeping, and neck pain.. I am 17 going on 18 and I never thought that those symptoms could have anything to do with my hydrocephalus but reading these boards I have discovered that may not be the case..
My neurosurgeon declared my brain "normal" awhile back.. I'm thinking should I schedule an appointment and express my concerns? I mean I've had these symptoms for a loooong time.

****bump****

ginnie 05-21-2014 03:33 PM

Hello Kelly

Glad your neruo said you were doing OK. With regard to symptoms, maybe you better go in and get checked out. Maybe your PCP first? ginnie:grouphug:

pogo 05-21-2014 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrokelly (Post 1066423)

ETVs can fail (close) then you'd get symptoms of untreated hydrocephalus. May show up on CT/MRI or however they discovered it before. Call them and push for this being checked out.

pogo 05-24-2014 01:27 AM

ps

Also get your eyes checked by an opthalmologist, where they dilate the eyes and check the optic nerve. My daughter gets checked every 6-9 months because her pressure has changed a lot (shunted, ETV not an option), we try to make sure it is spaced out well from seeing the surgeon. If your pressure goes too high, your vision is at stake.