NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Wife Scores Knock Out! (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/20398-wife-scores-knock.html)

sadlyme 05-24-2007 09:58 PM

Wife Scores Knock Out!

Well as I told you today I went back to my doc's.. As for the first time bringing my wife in on the other side of the door, so to speak.. I could not stop her from talking. She wiped the floor with my p-doc.. Everything I had tried to get out and could'nt; she let it fly.. I was very impressed, guess after 18yrs of this stuff she had allot to say. Every-time I wanted say something, she would say I'm not finished.. After being riped by a ticked of wife, the doctor put me on all NEW meds and told me to call him if I needed him for anything.. Scary, think I'll take her all the time. So one BIG:wink: to my wife, I even took her to her favorite Tex-Mex place..

So on goes the fight with new meds, will see in six-eight weeks what comes out the other side, anything has to be better than this. My ortho-doc say's it's time to replace my right knee, that will be fun, but I'm going to wait until fall to have it done..

With my son coming home from the war I'm not letting anything stand in the way of helping him get reajusted.. Our goverment is not doing such a good job..

Well that was my day, after a crapy start it finished up OK.

(Let It Be)

</IMG>

DiMarie 05-24-2007 11:05 PM

Great

That is so great to have an adocate to paint a picture for the doc. It really helps to take a supportive family member, or pi$$ed off one, lol.

I am so happy your son will be home. Such a wonderful hero;s welcome and thanks to him. His is so lickey to hae such a caring parent. That is what we do as parents, put our oun needs aside to see to our kids no matter their age.

Have a wonderful holiday week end and keep us posted how the new meds work. Are thy controling already or will it take more time?
Hugs to your wife from me,
dianne

bizi 05-24-2007 11:14 PM

Wow!

Way to go Mark!
and applause for your wifey!
TEam work it sounds like and that is just grand!
thanks for letting us know.
(((HUGS)))
bizi

mymorgy 05-25-2007 02:22 AM

I am so thrilled for you. Give a huge hug to your wife and then another one and then another one. You really made me smile. What are the new medications? She really loves you and she obviously hasn't given up on you...I love that her anger is directed at the proper source...the doctor...
The surgery will lessen the physical pain.....your son coming come will alleviate stress besides adding more love in your life.
Love helps to heal us when our depression lets it in...
1000 cheers
Bobby and don't worry if you fall down again....and don't beat yourself up...easy to say but hard to do

Pamster 05-25-2007 09:54 AM

That is awesome Mark! I am so glad the p-doc listened and is changing your meds, I think you'll feel better soon, I am so glad your wife went with you yesterday Mark, hang in there it's going to get better soon! :D

Nikko 05-25-2007 02:47 PM

Great news!!!! Kudo's to your wife too.:)

Hugs, Nikko:hug:

sadlyme 05-25-2007 04:00 PM

Anyone heard from Shelly??????????????/

Just Jacquie 05-26-2007 08:49 AM

Sounds like it got you what you wanted! Good luck on your new meds!

You must be so anxious for your son to return! God bless him and all those service men and women over there. We need them all home NOW, before we lose anymore troops. This has been another deadly month... :( .

Mari 05-27-2007 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sadlyme (Post 104597)
With my son coming home from the war I'm not letting anything stand in the way of helping him get reajusted.. Our goverment is not doing such a good job..

Hi,
You have a good wife. I hope that you find that the meds are good too.

It is nice to have time goal to feel better by the time your son gets home. That sounds like a plan!

My father was in the Navy for many years. He seemed to always be leaving or coming.

Take care.
Mari