NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Gluten Sensitivity / Celiac Disease (https://www.neurotalk.org/gluten-sensitivity-celiac-disease/)
-   -   argghh! contains wheat! (https://www.neurotalk.org/gluten-sensitivity-celiac-disease/2043-argghh-contains-wheat.html)

jccgf 09-28-2006 08:16 PM

argghh! contains wheat!

Close Encounters of the Wheat Kind~

I should have remembered this as I saw somebody else's post somewhere, I know!

I ordered some Source Naturals 25mg P5P. I was going to give one to Jana, and she noticed the CONTAINS WHEAT sticker on the top of the bottle. Small little sticker just stuck to the top. I KNOW I remember this happening to someone else!

I'm going to look back at the website of the store I ordered from, and if it isn't listed as contains wheat, I am going to ask for a refund. After all, they are garbage to me now!

Cara

jccgf 09-28-2006 08:18 PM

We also bought some Mentos. There were two different labels. First box...no wheat listed, and used rice starch...so that sounded good. . Second batch...wheat glucose syrup, on the label!! My husband ate those.

Cara

KimS 09-28-2006 09:17 PM

Thanks for the note about the Mentos!

Who'd'a thunk it? :confused:

mrsD 09-29-2006 10:00 AM

Contains wheat!

The new Chicken of the Sea salmon cups....contain wheat! What in heavens
for?

That sticker on the vitamins... I just wonder, if they are putting them all
on products instead of researching that they really don't contain wheat.

What I mean, is that they could have not really known, and plastered them
on stock that was already in the warehouse..to comply with the new
laws.

I would contact the manufacturer before tossing them out. When I talked to
Perrigo a while back, the contact person said they research each batch by
lot #. If a source cannot guarantee wheat free or contamination free,
then it is considered not wheat free (but it might be --just not documented as such). And at their plant, each lot# would have to be checked manually, by
phone.

If Source Naturals has a 1-800 phone, I would do that rather from the supplier, as you should get a better explanation/answer.

rachelb 09-29-2006 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jccglutenfree (Post 15614)
I ordered some Source Naturals 25mg P5P. I was going to give one to Jana, and she noticed the CONTAINS WHEAT sticker on the top of the bottle. Small little sticker just stuck to the top. I KNOW I remember this happening to someone else!

Yep, that was me with some Taurine from Source Naturals. Vastly annoying!! Glad you caught it!

While I'm pleased they're trying to catch all this, it really does make me hesitate to use them. However, the truth is we just don't know whether other manufacturers have trace amounts of wheat in their stuff, too, no matter what their label says.

Rachel

rachelb 09-29-2006 10:40 AM

I did call Source Naturals on the Taurine (this was back on the old board) and they said it was run on the same line with wheat so it was just a risk of cross contamination. I think they're pretty thorough as far as checking this stuff out, but it did take awhile to get answers from them.

Rachel