NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   Quick question (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/204308-quick-question.html)

Steelworker 05-09-2014 07:32 PM

Quick question

In the beginning does/can MG present as a daily thing for several days and then go away for several days only to return again?

drpdhmr 05-09-2014 09:29 PM

Early on in the disease and even now two years later I have "good" and "bad" days that are often days apart. The good news is, at least for me, is that the bad days are less frequent now that I have the medication dosing correct, and have the experience to know when to modify Mestinon dosage to deal with the changes in symptoms.

Steelworker 05-09-2014 10:11 PM

thanks

And do you take the mestinon on the good days or is it prn?

Sonomagirl 05-11-2014 06:13 PM

Sonomagirl

Hi,
I'm on a very low dose of Mestinon. Only 3 times a day total 180 mg. A day. I have on again of again leg pain. I sometimes have to adjust the meds or go back on 20 MG a day of prednisone to get the pain to stop. Does anyone else have leg pain in mild cases of MG? My diagnosis was only 6 months ago.

Thanks !

pingpongman 05-11-2014 08:07 PM

Do you take Statins?
Mike

Sonomagirl 05-11-2014 09:03 PM

Sonomagirl

Quote:

Originally Posted by pingpongman (Post 1068822)
Do you take Statins?
Mike

Yes Lipitor 40 mg

drpdhmr 05-11-2014 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steelworker (Post 1068540)
And do you take the mestinon on the good days or is it prn?

Unless my symptoms persist for several days I don't change my mestinon dosing.

Sonomagirl 05-12-2014 07:41 AM

Sonomagirl

Quote:

Originally Posted by drpdhmr (Post 1068837)
Unless my symptoms persist for several days I don't change my mestinon dosing.

The pain in my legs is so overwhelming I cannot do anything. Walking a few steps is painful and my tolerance is high. If I take 500 mg of ibuprofen it will ease off. Most of the time if it starts prednisone is the only thing that will calm it down. I have added spinach or Kale to green smoothies and that also will give some relief. Just trying to learn what works and does not. Any others out there?

pingpongman 05-12-2014 08:15 AM

My neuro-muscular took me off statins. He said they were one of the worst drugs on the market. I was so bad at the time I was considering a wheelchair. My legs got better right away when I stopped statins. You might want to discuss this with your doctor.
Mike

Sonomagirl 05-12-2014 11:30 AM

Sonomagirl

Quote:

Originally Posted by pingpongman (Post 1068880)
My neuro-muscular took me off statins. He said they were one of the worst drugs on the market. I was so bad at the time I was considering a wheelchair. My legs got better right away when I stopped statins. You might want to discuss this with your doctor.
Mike

Thanks I will check on that!