NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Post Concussion and Tremors One Side of Body? (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/204646-post-concussion-tremors-body.html)

Jillian_W 05-19-2014 09:26 AM

Post Concussion and Tremors One Side of Body?

Hi guys,

I found this forum not long ago. I'm female, 26 years old and I've been in a car accident months back. I've been diagnosed with post concssion syndrome, and have been out of work for a few months until I went back. I've had most of the common concussion symptoms and have had a number ofcognitive impairments according to a neuropsych test.

Even though some of my initial symptoms went away not of of it did. Headaches, trouble thinking, memory problem, slower speaking with trouble, occasional stiffness in arms and legs, insomnia, and chronic neck pain still remains. I also feel as though my energy level is very low.

My main concern right now is that in the week, both my right arm and leg have been having tremors. This is only on the right side of my body. It comes and goes. On Friday, I felt like I needed drag myself home while the shakes were going on until it went away. I was fine yesterday, but I woke up to my arm and leg shaking again last night which kept me up but not as bad though. I still feel a bit of trembling now on my arm.

I've also been diagnosed with depression and have been on Zoloft about 2 weeks ago. I stopped it about 4 days ago.

Are these tremors on my right arm and leg a cause for concern? I tried looking it up and it gave me links to Parkinson's. Nobody in my family has it.

Living_Dazed 05-19-2014 10:15 AM

Hi,

One side is concerning. I had tingling in one hand-rt. they tested my for carpal tunnel-neg.

Then they checked my neck. I think it was my neck causing it. I've had so much done and memory issues.

Make sure to have your neck checked.

Peace and wellness,

Jace

Hockey 05-19-2014 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jillian_W (Post 1070280)
Hi guys,

I found this forum not long ago. I'm female, 26 years old and I've been in a car accident months back. I've been diagnosed with post concssion syndrome, and have been out of work for a few months until I went back. I've had most of the common concussion symptoms and have had a number ofcognitive impairments according to a neuropsych test.

Even though some of my initial symptoms went away not of of it did. Headaches, trouble thinking, memory problem, slower speaking with trouble, occasional stiffness in arms and legs, insomnia, and chronic neck pain still remains. I also feel as though my energy level is very low.

My main concern right now is that in the week, both my right arm and leg have been having tremors. This is only on the right side of my body. It comes and goes. On Friday, I felt like I needed drag myself home while the shakes were going on until it went away. I was fine yesterday, but I woke up to my arm and leg shaking again last night which kept me up but not as bad though. I still feel a bit of trembling now on my arm.

I've also been diagnosed with depression and have been on Zoloft about 2 weeks ago. I stopped it about 4 days ago.

Are these tremors on my right arm and leg a cause for concern? I tried looking it up and it gave me links to Parkinson's. Nobody in my family has it.

As you were in an MVA, you most likely sustained whiplash. Have your neck CAREFULLY examined. Damage to your spinal cord (even bruising) can cause neurological symptoms.

With a spinal cord injury, you could also find one side of the body more bothersome than the other. My right side is considerably weaker than my left. So much so, that the occupational therapist made me learn to write with my left hand. My twitches, tremors, etc... are also more prominent on my right side.

As a simple home experiment, put on a cervical collar and see if you feel better. At four months post accident, your neck is losing the swelling (internal/external) that might have been providing some stability. That loss of stability could be contributing to your uptake in uneven neuro symptoms.

Just a thought.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum.