NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Does it hurt to get in the sun with RSD (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/205022-hurt-sun-rsd.html)

murgir 05-29-2014 08:59 PM

Does it hurt to get in the sun with RSD

I haven't posted in a while. I have been working full time but not sure how much long I can hold out. The pain is so much worse. I think I over worked my hand this week. We have had a camping trip planned for a while and I am not sure if it hurts worse to get in the sun. A friend is going with plans of spending time at the lazy river. Would want to let her know whether or not I will be able to.

Kevscar 05-29-2014 09:25 PM

The touch of a sunray feels as if my arm has had petrol poured over it and set on fire.

Vrae 05-29-2014 09:29 PM

I have heard that some have trouble with the sun, I am not one of them. I'm okay with sunshine. Interesting how we are all different. :confused:

zookester 05-29-2014 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murgir (Post 1072423)
I haven't posted in a while. I have been working full time but not sure how much long I can hold out. The pain is so much worse. I think I over worked my hand this week. We have had a camping trip planned for a while and I am not sure if it hurts worse to get in the sun. A friend is going with plans of spending time at the lazy river. Would want to let her know whether or not I will be able to.

Hi Murgir,

I'm glad you've been able to keep working and hope that you are able to much longer than you think.

My honest opinion would be to go on your planned trip and don't put another thought about how you will react to the sun.. as Vrae always says so well.. "don't borrow trouble". Every day we deal with the ups/downs of the effects of CRPS and if the sun hasn't yet bothered you, I would try not to worry about it at all. Go.. enjoy life, your friends and that lazy day by the rivers edge.. so much fun. Don't miss out because of the "what if's" it may not affect you at all - each one of us are different.

I really hope you have a blast!

RSD ME 05-29-2014 11:27 PM

I can't be in the sun too long. I get blisters. I need a hat and sunscreen and sunglasses. My eyes are also sensitive to the bright sunlight. I hope you enjoy your trip, but if I were you I would bring plenty of sunscreen, shades and a brimmed hat. Take care and have fun! With love,Renee.

eevo61 05-29-2014 11:50 PM

Quote:

I have skin burning easily and after feels my skin on fire,we all react different ,I cannot tolerated but the difference with some people is I have scs ,that implant make a such of difference ,I warm my skin,back and now abdomen so hot,sometimes now I need to wear yoga pants or short and those short cami or sport bra and avoid any type of covering on those areas,if sunlight get me,it's gets worst, I regretted many times now ,scs ,help with my nerve pain,but never will help me with bone to bone pain,I did not knew that after two months of my implant .
good luck and have fun,wear ,maybe light color clothes,sun block and drink plenty of water,also take moist wipes with you,baby wipes are ok,work for me,just to cool down,have fun and enjoy your trip.jesika

Lottie 05-31-2014 09:54 PM

Quote:

Hey Muirguir, nice to see you here again. Definitely go! And like Renee said do the common protective thngs we all should do - sunscreen, hat, sunglasses for everyone.
I have cold CRPS so sunshine is wonderful to me ( and being outdoors is always good for the soul, right Zookester?! ) :wink:
Have fun!

alaska49 05-31-2014 10:29 PM

Iam fine in the sun but Iam very more easily able to get burnt then before the rsd so need lots of sunblock my doctors has me use a #70 sun block
everyone is different. I too would go and enjoy yourself just have good sunblock and bring some light close that covers all skin just incase you find out it effects you more harshly. Have a good trip with all we go through we all deserve to have fun when we can.

Samantha

allentgamer 06-01-2014 01:53 PM

I love the sun, but hate the breeze lol!

I actually look forward to summer. the cold winters rip me a new one, and the warm summer sun feels soooo good after a loooong cold winter. :)

AZ-Di 06-02-2014 02:19 PM

From what I understand there are subgroups of warm & cold RSD/CRPS.
That may explain some of us opposites.
For me warm & sun are great, cold hurts!