NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Layoffs, Unemployment and Worker's Compensation (https://www.neurotalk.org/layoffs-unemployment-and-worker-s-compensation/)
-   -   New, looking for Workmen's Comp informtion (https://www.neurotalk.org/layoffs-unemployment-and-worker-s-compensation/205033-looking-workmens-comp-informtion.html)

Suzan13 05-30-2014 12:16 AM

New, looking for Workmen's Comp informtion

Hoping to find some help in this forum.

I have a fibia compound fracture, and have been non weight bearing
for 7 weeks. Its called a spiral break.

I am looking for what workmen's comp should pay for.

I can't do therapy yet, because no one to drive me. But am looking in
the insurance co. helping me get a ride.

Suzan:wink:

Jomar 05-30-2014 12:30 AM

From what I know of it and if claim is accepted - comp should pay for all related costs for treatment & care , as well as missed wages (or % of wages).

Drs office visits ( no co pays needed)
PT if needed
ER/Hospital costs
medications

keep track of mileage to appts and care providers that is reimbursed too. or taxi /bus etc. unless it has changed.

My Oregon claim (yrs ago) all those were paid - until denied - then got comp atty for appeal & hearing- but he wrote a letter to all treatment providers to put billing on hold til hearing /case was done. Then the bills were sorted out at end.
My atty was not the best, I should have interviewed more attys, and asked more questions. his office was not very organized - that should have gave e a clue early on...
I only had dial up Internet back then so that was part of the problem..for searching and checking attys..soo slow..

Suzan13 05-30-2014 09:50 AM

Thanks Jo*Mar

I will do those things.

lefthanded 05-31-2014 11:46 AM

Check your state's w/c law online. Some jurisdictions will arrange transportation to and from medical appointments. I know I used to provide vouchers for transportation (taxi) on a limited basis.

Suzan13 06-02-2014 12:52 PM

:hug:
Quote:

Originally Posted by lefthanded (Post 1072872)
Check your state's w/c law online. Some jurisdictions will arrange transportation to and from medical appointments. I know I used to provide vouchers for transportation (taxi) on a limited basis.

Thanks I will check it out .

Suzan :grouphug:

Suzan13 06-05-2014 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzan13 (Post 1073280)
:hug:

Thanks I will check it out .

Suzan :grouphug:

Hmmm, this is odd. I wasn't trying to quote. Anyway, I am trying to figure out if I need to ask for physical therapy now, instead of waiting. I think so.

lefthanded 06-06-2014 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzan13 (Post 1073929)
Hmmm, this is odd. I wasn't trying to quote. Anyway, I am trying to figure out if I need to ask for physical therapy now, instead of waiting. I think so.

It is ALWAYS a good idea to be as proactive as you can, pressing for treatment authorizations, and staying on top of your treatment. You have to work to get well. I have known of too many injured workers who thought it was someone else's job to get them healed and back to work!