NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Had my eeg today (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/205061-eeg.html)

Bruins88 05-30-2014 01:29 PM

Had my eeg today

So that was interesting. Not sure if I had a seizure or not. I figured the technician or someone wouldve of told me if I did though.

Anyways I think I was doing good, then they made me shut my eyes and started the flashing lights. Wow. I sort of remember my whole body feeling like all of a sudden I was freezing, and the right side of my body just started shivering quivering convulsing kind of thing. Weird. Not sure if thats a seizure or what not, but dang my head really really hurts right now. Especially after the hyperventilating. Said I probably wont get results till Wednesday or Thursday though, darn.

SarahSmile0205 05-30-2014 01:47 PM

Sounds like a seizure to me... hopefully they will call you sooner

Bruins88 05-30-2014 01:52 PM

Yah im not really sure. It was almost like I was outside in the freezing cold all of a sudden. Thats how I would describe the shakes. I do know my mouth was quivering like crazy because I was trying to control it but couldnt. Before and after the light show they gave me I was feeling like I was back to normal temperature. Was really really weird, never felt like that before. I hit my head on the left back side of my head (Im pretty sure) but it was the right side doing all the weird stuff today.

Like I said, im not sure if it was a seizure or not. I know I was being recorded but the room was dark so im not sure how they could see anything. I just figured if I did have a seizure, someone wouldve told me for safety reasons, but maybe im wrong.

SarahSmile0205 05-30-2014 01:59 PM

Glad it was recorded... sounds like something that needs to be evaluated!

It is possible that like x-rays or CT's or MRI's even when something is really bad the tech can not say anything...

Bruins88 05-30-2014 02:12 PM

Probably. Im hoping I hear sooner rather than later, but he did say being Friday and a bunch of people were off today. So, who knows!

Hockey 05-30-2014 02:28 PM

You can't read anything into the tech's silence. They are supposed to leave results to the doctors.

Hockey 05-30-2014 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevbo887 (Post 1072628)
So that was interesting. Not sure if I had a seizure or not. I figured the technician or someone wouldve of told me if I did though.

Anyways I think I was doing good, then they made me shut my eyes and started the flashing lights. Wow. I sort of remember my whole body feeling like all of a sudden I was freezing, and the right side of my body just started shivering quivering convulsing kind of thing. Weird. Not sure if thats a seizure or what not, but dang my head really really hurts right now. Especially after the hyperventilating. Said I probably wont get results till Wednesday or Thursday though, darn.

Wow! Sounds rough. I hope you can rest, now.

Bruins88 05-30-2014 07:48 PM

So I read the report. Nothinh abnormal was recorded evidently. Only odd sounding thing in it was the light test causing a driving but no abnormal results.

I just find it very hard to believe. I know what happened on that table. I mean trust me im glad, but what the heck else couldve caused that. Its listed as a preliminary report so not sure what that means.

Bruins88 05-30-2014 07:55 PM

Thing thats really bugging me though its whats causing me to do all this zoning out and weird **** that i dont remember much of.

Hockey 05-30-2014 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevbo887 (Post 1072725)
So I read the report. Nothinh abnormal was recorded evidently. Only odd sounding thing in it was the light test causing a driving but no abnormal results.

I just find it very hard to believe. I know what happened on that table. I mean trust me im glad, but what the heck else couldve caused that. Its listed as a preliminary report so not sure what that means.

Was your test interpreted by the WC doctor? If so, you need an unbiased opinion.