NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Sanctuary for Spiritual Support (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/)
-   -   Seeking prayers (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/20526-seeking-prayers.html)

AfterMyNap 05-26-2007 03:34 PM

Seeking prayers

Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to these boards and have genuinely appreciated the community of the membership. One of our members is suffering with her mom's tragic case of multiple myeloma. Please pray for Mary (DaisyMay) and her mom, Rosalyn who is very ill. Thanks so much, and God bless.

><>

Alffe 05-26-2007 03:42 PM

Sending prayers for DaisyMay and Rosalyn. Thanks for letting us know Cindy.

Chemar 05-26-2007 04:45 PM

thanks so much for letting us know, Cindy

Please do let DaisyMay know that my prayers are lifted for her mom, and also for her. :grouphug:

AfterMyNap 05-28-2007 11:03 AM

Hi all, I just spoke briefly with DM and got more news that is not good. Mom was experiencing labored breathing yesterday and had an X-ray that showed a lung tumor the size of a golfball. DM said that Mom had an X-ray 2 months ago that showed nothing; this demonstrates an aggressive growth. They do not know whether this is a different cancer or some version of metastasis.

I sense that our little DM is in a state of overdrive that is somehow buffering the hurt and frustration. Continued prayers are the very best gift we can offer these two ladies.

She will know more tomorrow when additional tests have been analyzed.

DM, Mom, and I, are very grateful for your prayers and concern.

KathyM 05-28-2007 11:18 AM

Cindy

I'll keep them in my prayers. There were quite a few people with multiple myeloma in my amyloidosis support group. Apparently, people with MM can also develop amyloidosis.

PS: May I ask, what does "DM" stand for? :confused:

watsonsh 05-28-2007 11:58 AM

THey are both in my prayers. God Bless.

AfterMyNap 05-28-2007 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KathyM (Post 106066)
Cindy

I'll keep them in my prayers. There were quite a few people with multiple myeloma in my amyloidosis support group. Apparently, people with MM can also develop amyloidosis.

PS: May I ask, what does "DM" stand for? :confused:

Whoopsie, sorry, member DaisyMay, we're in the habit of calling her "DM" for fun. She's a very fun person when things are going better.

I don't know much about MM, but from the little I've read, Mom's is pretty unforgiving.

This is just so hard to comprehend for us mere mortals.

Chemar 05-28-2007 02:07 PM

Cindy
i appreciate the update.

DM has such a cheerful and caring nature from what I have seen on the boards and it is heartbreaking to imagine just how this is affecting her.

My prayers remain lifted, especially that Rosalyn will not suffer and always asking for that possible miracle :grouphug:

and a :hug: for you too Cindy for being such a caring friend to DM

Chemar 05-29-2007 11:45 AM

just bumping this up so we can all remember to pray for DaisyMay (Mary) and for her mom Rosalyn

:grouphug:

AfterMyNap 05-29-2007 01:47 PM

Thanks, Chem, it means a lot.