NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Day 5 of a headache (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/205777-day-5-headache.html)

Socks 06-18-2014 11:22 AM

Day 5 of a headache

Guys I'm not sure what happened. I'd been improving but suddenly I'm getting headaches every day now. I feel like I've had a set back but I can't think of anything that could have caused it. I'm only working half-days and napping when I get home. I've been doing this for two weeks now and yet suddenly I'm having this problem. I think my speech is getting bad again. I have to think about what I want to say. I'm so confused. But as luck would have it I have a follow up appt with my doctor today in about an hour. So I guess we'll see.

SarahSmile0205 06-18-2014 12:10 PM

OH NO!

something at work that you are doing more taxing? Budgets? Floor Plans? Move weird and maybe your neck is causing it?

Hopefully the doctor will have some answers for you!

Socks 06-18-2014 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarahSmile0205 (Post 1076515)
OH NO!

something at work that you are doing more taxing? Budgets? Floor Plans? Move weird and maybe your neck is causing it?

Hopefully the doctor will have some answers for you!

Well the doctor wants me to taper down my amitriptylan because I'm so tired all the time and taking 5 hour naps while still sleeping well at night. She wants me to follow up with my neurologist if this persists much longer and/or gets worse. I'm not sure I'm thrilled with this response but I guess I'll follow her advice and go from there. I was kind of hoping she would increase my Topomax but she stayed away from that, saying that would be my neurologist's call.

Oh and she's ordering blood work to be sure nothing else is popping up making me so sleepy.

MomWriterStudent 06-18-2014 04:59 PM

Are you taking any supplements? Those helped cure up some of my pain.

Also, if you have only been working part-time again for a few weeks, maybe it's just all catching up with your body? You might just need more rest. (I know it feels like you're already resting a lot, but toward the beginning of my recovery, I spent almost the entire day in bed)

Socks 06-18-2014 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MomWriterStudent (Post 1076585)
Are you taking any supplements? Those helped cure up some of my pain.

Also, if you have only been working part-time again for a few weeks, maybe it's just all catching up with your body? You might just need more rest. (I know it feels like you're already resting a lot, but toward the beginning of my recovery, I spent almost the entire day in bed)

Haven't done anything with regards to supplements. I'll have to check that thread out.

And God I hope this isn't a response to working so much as I'm due to go back to 8 hour days next week. It seems like if I'm not at work I'm asleep as it is.