NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Medications & Treatments (https://www.neurotalk.org/medications-and-treatments/)
-   -   All night in Accident and emergency LYRICA (https://www.neurotalk.org/medications-and-treatments/205894-night-accident-emergency-lyrica.html)

Johnsonsyard 06-21-2014 02:36 AM

All night in Accident and emergency LYRICA

Hi Everyone, just spent the last 10 hours in A&E . I am coming off Lyrica and experiencing terrible effects . I went to hospital as I had scalp pain and was advised to go to check if it was Temporal arteritis. Fortunately it was not but they said it was evident that there was something not right and it was likely related to nerve pain. I have never had trouble like this before the Lyrica but I am getting a lot of muscle spasm all over and wonder if anyone has come across this while taking of withdrawing from Lyrica ?

Regards

Nick

Dr. Smith 06-21-2014 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnsonsyard (Post 1077119)
I have never had trouble like this before the Lyrica but I am getting a lot of muscle spasm all over and wonder if anyone has come across this while taking [or] withdrawing from Lyrica ?

Hi Nick,

I can't tell if you're looking for kindred spirits or verification/validation of the side effect.

Though I'm not on Lyrica/pregabalin myself, I have come across it, and can tell you that you're not alone in this experience/ordeal.

If you don't get the responses you seek, try searching lyrica muscle spasm in the archives and/or lyrica withdrawal syndrome muscle spasm on the web.

Doc

hannahSED 06-21-2014 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnsonsyard (Post 1077119)
Hi Everyone, just spent the last 10 hours in A&E . I am coming off Lyrica and experiencing terrible effects . I went to hospital as I had scalp pain and was advised to go to check if it was Temporal arteritis. Fortunately it was not but they said it was evident that there was something not right and it was likely related to nerve pain. I have never had trouble like this before the Lyrica but I am getting a lot of muscle spasm all over and wonder if anyone has come across this while taking of withdrawing from Lyrica ?

Regards

Nick

Im hannah and im 21 I got put on lyrica , last year and like two months ago I have gotten horrible muscle spasms out of no where on my right side mostly. N I wasnt exactly sure if it was lyrica or just my dead long thoracic nerve. But I am experiencing what you are. I thought I was a crazy person when I had thoae spasms.

Johnsonsyard 06-23-2014 05:04 AM

Lyrica

Quote:

Originally Posted by hannahSED (Post 1077155)
Im hannah and im 21 I got put on lyrica , last year and like two months ago I have gotten horrible muscle spasms out of no where on my right side mostly. N I wasnt exactly sure if it was lyrica or just my dead long thoracic nerve. But I am experiencing what you are. I thought I was a crazy person when I had thoae spasms.

HI Hannah , nice to hear from you . Sorry to hear about your experience . How are you now ? Well, we are are not alone going through all this . It's hell but talking to people who know what it feels like helps. Still not got over being up all night at hospital . Need to talk drop a line.

Regards

Nick

Hockey 06-23-2014 05:27 AM

Hi Nick,

Your description of your withdraw symptoms brings back memories - that border on PTSD.

I was taken off Lyrica, cold turkey. It was an agony I wouldn't wish on even the most arrogant, uncaring person I know, my neurologist. :mad:

Johnsonsyard 07-01-2014 10:28 AM

Lyrica withdrawal , reached a low

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey (Post 1077525)
Hi Nick,

Your description of your withdraw symptoms brings back memories - that border on PTSD.

I was taken off Lyrica, cold turkey. It was an agony I wouldn't wish on even the most arrogant, uncaring person I know, my neurologist. :mad:

Hi Hockey, Plse read my post today Lyrica withdrawal . Does this ring a bell. ?

Regards

Nick

sleeplessindubai 07-17-2014 04:04 AM

how long does the withdrawal agony last?
i only took 1 x 150 mg at night before i slept ... and now i wake after one hour, and cant go back to sleep.

how long will this last?
thanks

St George 2013 07-17-2014 07:58 AM

Good Morning Nick

I'm sure you are exhausted from the time you spent in the A&E.

I was on 1800 mg a day of gabapentin when my dr decided to try Lyrica. He switched me that night which I have read is ok. After starting the Lyrica I began to have terrible stomach aches. Now I'm wondering if they were muscle spasms. This lasted the 3 weeks I was on the Lyrica.....the dr then took me off the Lyrica to see if the stomach aches would recede. Said he has never heard of getting severe stomach aches from Lyrica. Well as soon as I went off the Lyrica the stomach aches stopped.

Debi from Georgia

Hockey 07-17-2014 08:14 AM

You are having a terrible time getting off this terrible drug. Are you still tapering? Maybe you need to do this in hospital, under supervision.

McKenzie 08-30-2014 06:28 AM

During Lyrica withdrawal I had terrible scalp pain. It was so bad that I would almost cry when I brushed my hair. I think it is muscle spasm. Funny I never really thought of muscle on my head. Everything goes into a state of excitation until your body begins to use the GABA receptors normally again.