NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   delayed symptoms (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/205912-delayed-symptoms.html)

5-views 06-21-2014 04:48 PM

delayed symptoms

I'm trying to understand how I can have many impacts to my head, then bump my head slightly and have so many problems. I have had these symptoms for around 18 months but not to this extent. Dizziness blurred vision severe headaches loss of memory and losing my balance because everything is moving when I'm standing still. freaky actually.

I bumped my head about 3 weeks ago on my kitchen cabinet but not even hard enough to make me rub my head. about an hour later I couldn't remember anything from the prior week.

My doctor ordered a MRI which i had yesterday I'm just waiting on the results. I wish I could read the results but looking at the images all I can say is I do have a brain. lol

Has anyone been through this?

Jomar 06-21-2014 04:58 PM

Sometimes it is just the roll of the dice..or perhaps the angle of the bump..?

Have you found the info on upper cervical adjustments - (c1,c2/ atlas/axis etc)?
Some info can be found under a NUCCA search here.

Request a copy of the written MRI report, or any written reports/test results for that matter, it is handy to have for your own medical files..

SarahSmile0205 06-21-2014 05:18 PM

I am gonna go with Jo... could just be the angle... especially if you have had other concussions...

5-views 06-21-2014 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo*mar (Post 1077209)
Sometimes it is just the roll of the dice..or perhaps the angle of the bump..?

Have you found the info on upper cervical adjustments - (c1,c2/ atlas/axis etc)?
Some info can be found under a NUCCA search here.

Request a copy of the written MRI report, or any written reports/test results for that matter, it is handy to have for your own medical files..

As soon as the results are available I can go online and print it out. I am saving ever piece of information I can through this process.

Mark in Idaho 06-21-2014 05:57 PM

Prior concussions can set one up for a sensitive head that will be symptomatic after a simple bump. Plus, a jerking response to a bump can cause neck issues. Trying to understand the cause is a losing battle. Even the experts are no good at it.

5-views 06-21-2014 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho (Post 1077222)
Prior concussions can set one up for a sensitive head that will be symptomatic after a simple bump. Plus, a jerking response to a bump can cause neck issues. Trying to understand the cause is a losing battle. Even the experts are no good at it.

Mark. Thank you. God is God and I stand on Phill. 4:13