NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   Off Topic - - - Support for Annie (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/206080-topic-support-annie.html)

suev 06-25-2014 05:45 PM

Off Topic - - - Support for Annie

Just saw evening news and was distressed to hear the flooding has not subsided....in fact the Mississippi is supposed to crest sometime on Thursday around St. Paul.

Annie, you and your family stay safe. And you do everything you can to try to avert a crisis. I know you can't turn off the stress - - but don't go feeling guilty about stuff you can't do!! Like you have said, it is what it is (small help, I know).

Anyway, for what it's worth; I'm sure many folks here are thinking about and praying for you and yours.

rach73 06-26-2014 06:56 AM

Just to let you know Annie, I am thinking of you and your family.

Hoping you are safe.

Rach x

St George 2013 06-26-2014 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suev (Post 1078159)
Just saw evening news and was distressed to hear the flooding has not subsided....in fact the Mississippi is supposed to crest sometime on Thursday around St. Paul.

Annie, you and your family stay safe. And you do everything you can to try to avert a crisis. I know you can't turn off the stress - - but don't go feeling guilty about stuff you can't do!! Like you have said, it is what it is (small help, I know).

Anyway, for what it's worth; I'm sure many folks here are thinking about and praying for you and yours.

Ditto for me Annie....take care of yourself :hug:

Debi from Georgia

Maggiemayhem 06-26-2014 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by St George 2013 (Post 1078301)
Ditto for me Annie....take care of yourself :hug:

Debi from Georgia

Thinking of you Annie. If I could be there with a baling bucket I would.
The mind is willing but the body....., well, you know.
Prayers ❤️

bny806 06-26-2014 10:46 PM

Sending thoughts and prayers your way Annie

cait24 06-26-2014 11:39 PM

I hope you are making out ok and the flooding has subsided. Sending my thoughts and prayers your way

kathie

whirlwind123 06-27-2014 03:20 PM

Oh Annie,
Please stay safe.

cait24 06-27-2014 05:37 PM

Annie, let us know how you are doing. I am watching the news and they say the waters are still rising. Let us know that you are safe

Sending prayers your way
kathie

AnnieB3 07-02-2014 01:52 AM

Sue, You are always so kind, thinking of others. I truly appreciate your support. :hug:

Those of us in MN are lucky, in that we haven't had more rain. Iowa, NE, and other states haven't been, however. As I said before, if you live downstream of the Missouri or the Mississippi, or other rivers that are over flood stage, be prepared!

The worst part of all of this is that my MG tanked. Between it feeling like a sauna in here (due to the moistness), and needing to do some cleanup (which isn't done!), I was as close to a crisis as I've been in 9 years. That's why I haven't responded sooner. I've literally been in survival/sleep/do nothing mode.

Thank you everyone who responded or thanked Sue (or anyone else). ;)

There are other people who are worse off, especially those who have had tornado damage.

I hope none of you have to go through anything similar. If you do, call in the cavalry!!! If you have one. Don't overdo as I did.

:grouphug:
Annie