NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/)
-   -   advice for a young one (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/206572-advice.html)

kalli 07-07-2014 11:21 PM

advice for a young one

Having fibro, myofascial, neuropathy, sciatica and 3 herniated discs (lumbar), SI joint dysfunction, DDD, and stenosis. I need it tattooed somewhere to keep up the list....sadly some people have more and they have my sympathy and prayers!!!!
I feel like when I get one "okay" the other decide to act up. I have been diagnosed with fibro/myo for over 2 years; thought it is I've had it most of my life. I was a preemie (1lb 8 oz; 20 weeker). I've put my body through some hard stuff (racing, taekwondo, weight training) but not as much as some, I realize that. At 28, my parents are in better shape than I am (pain wise). I have managed to get off all my meds (Cymbalta--hell; and arthrotec) and am only taking vitamins and tylenol or aleve to take the edge off pain.
I get massages (trigger release) twice a month. Expensive but needed.
I am having trouble now with my neuropathy (came back after I got off Cymbalta, I am allergic to Gabapentin). I take pro-biotics to help my immunity. I was wondering: What is a good position to sleep in when your legs act up?
Also: My arms and legs do okay with movement but if I have to hold something for a period of time, my arms get real weak. If I stand still for a period of time my legs get real wobbly.
I am back in Taekwondo once a week to help me lose the 30+ pounds I gained from my meds and my sedentary lifestyle. I don't expect miracles, but I know people have good advice.

Thank you for your patience and may you know each day is not in vain.

Blessings,
Kalli

sick-of-being-sick3 07-18-2014 11:34 PM

sorry to hear people like you give me encourage men to fight harder

the legs ebay has wedges all sizes upper or lower body

sometimes nothing works and i just have to wait ti out

im on feyntenal for my leg problems

good luck

Lara 07-19-2014 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalli (Post 1080745)
I am having trouble now with my neuropathy
(came back after I got off Cymbalta, I am allergic to Gabapentin).
I take pro-biotics to help my immunity. I was wondering:
What is a good position to sleep in when your legs act up?

Hi Kalli,
Welcome to the NeuroTalk Support Groups.

I know you've made a few posts already, but I just wanted to say hello
and to tell you that there is a Peripheral Neuropathy Forum here and the
members there may be able to give you some ideas about sleeping positions etc..

There's actually also a subforum for PN

PN Tips, Resources, Supplements & Other Treatments Forum

take care there...

anon1028 07-19-2014 09:41 AM

my brain innury doctor told me I have fibro yesterday so I don't know what to think lol but if you can't take gaba0entin there are other meds out there dd you want to try one of them and talk to your doctor.