NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Sanctuary for Spiritual Support (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/)
-   -   Prayer request for my father, please... (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/206602-prayer-request-father-please.html)

Lily'sDad73 07-08-2014 02:48 PM

Prayer request for my father, please...

Hi,
I'm posting here for a
prayer request please for my long-suffering but beautiful soul (my father) he has schizophrenia and has been going through a tremendously difficult time of late and also had a terrible breakdown just a week ago. Voices he says are constantly belittling him, telling him he's evil etc. I feel like weeping as he is such a generous and kind-hearted soul and he rarely has a bad word to say about anyone. It had gotten to the point where he was afraid to go to sleep for fear of waking up in such a state of fear. Medicine changes don't seem to have any effect or are very fleeting. It certainly seems as though every possible physical avenue has been explored at this point.

I would really appreciate some prayers for him please. Thank you ever, ever so much. His name is Roy.

Bless you for any help and good wishes his way sent.

- Matthew

Darlene 07-09-2014 12:22 AM

Your you and your father are in my thoughts and prayers. :smileypray:

Brokenfriend 07-12-2014 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily'sDad73 (Post 1080867)
Hi,
I'm posting here for a
prayer request please for my long-suffering but beautiful soul (my father) he has schizophrenia and has been going through a tremendously difficult time of late and also had a terrible breakdown just a week ago. Voices he says are constantly belittling him, telling him he's evil etc. I feel like weeping as he is such a generous and kind-hearted soul and he rarely has a bad word to say about anyone. It had gotten to the point where he was afraid to go to sleep for fear of waking up in such a state of fear. Medicine changes don't seem to have any effect or are very fleeting. It certainly seems as though every possible physical avenue has been explored at this point.

I would really appreciate some prayers for him please. Thank you ever, ever so much. His name is Roy.

Bless you for any help and good wishes his way sent.

- Matthew

Lily'sDad73 Hi. I'm sending a prayer to the Lord for you father.:smileypray: Has he always had the illness,or is it the onset of this type of condition? Brokenfriend:hug::grouphug::hug:

Lily'sDad73 07-09-2015 03:46 AM

My sincere thanks to you both.

Hi Darlene and Brokenfriend. I wanted to thank you both for your kind thoughts and prayers for my father. Sorry to not have responded sooner. After 40+ years with schizophrenia my Dad has been put on a trial medication and miraculously his symptoms have disappeared almost overnight. He's gained some weight due to the medicine but that is a great deal more bearable for him!

Thank you ever so much for your kindness, both of you. Bless you both X

RSD ME 07-09-2015 09:43 AM

sending many prayers your way. hugs.