NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/)
-   -   Hi, I'm phoebe (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/20665-hi-im-phoebe.html)

phoebe 05-28-2007 08:12 PM

Hi, I'm phoebe

Hi, my name is phoebe. I was a member of the TOS forum on the old forum. I've been reading here since last Sept. and have seen what a nice bunch of people are still here, and still helping each other.

I wrote a longer post on the main introduction page, and am reluctant to type too much right now, but I've missed my friends here. I want to express my deep sorrow to Di for the loss of your beautiful De, to Ada for the loss of her husband, and to tell Martha I was scared to death until I found you were going to be ok. :) phoebe

ocgirl 05-28-2007 08:19 PM

glad to see you

Hi Phobe:wink:
Thank you so much for your concern for me, DiMarie and Ada.
Yes, there is never a dull moment around a tos'er

I hope you are doing ok and we'll see you around the forum:circlelove:

M

phoebe 05-28-2007 08:26 PM

Thanks Martha

You still send the prettiest flowers ever, and I am so glad you're ok. I think the asthma everywhere has been worse this year than in a long time. That not breathing must be the most horrifying experience ever.

redjpwranglergirl 05-28-2007 09:23 PM

Hi Phoebe!
So nice to see you here! How are you doing?

phoebe 05-28-2007 09:53 PM

Hey Red,

I'm good. How about you? My husband just got through (with my help:eek: ) building a front screened in porch. It looks like an old country store porch that ought to have a Pepsi machine.

There's not much on tv now and tonight I found myself in a panic of what I was going to do, and I just decided it was time to say hi. It looks as though you folks are getting more than your share of rain down there. Good to talk to you again. :) phoebe

ocgirl 05-28-2007 11:23 PM

scary

Phobe,

It was the most frightening thing that has ever happened to me:frown:
that includes 20 years as a RN in acute care.

I really think that it was harder on my husband, son and especially my daughter who found me unconscious and 'green'

Last week I was asleep on the couch at 7:30am and my daughter was getting ready for school (I'm a light sleeper and she usually wakes me up)

She looked at me and thouht my color was bad again (but not as bad as before)
She called my name and I didn't wake up, so she shook me and called me.

I woke up suddenly with a long gasp and she broke into tears recalling the time I didn't wake up and she had to call the paramedics, etc

I started crying also, feeling so badly for what she has gone through with me.

That day my pulmonologist had me go to the ER to get a chest X-Ray and blood work. I will see him tomorrow in the office. The docs say I need a sleep study. When I was in the hospital the resp therapist told me I needed one also. When I would fall asleep the alarms would go off unless I was getting oxygen.

So, yes I'm scared, but not as scared as my family. I just don't want to get brain damage if my oxygen levels get low for too long. I have lost enough brain cells having tos.:shocked:

Thank for asking Phoebe.

cindyj 06-02-2007 01:05 AM

Aww hun that sounds absolutely terrifying!! Sorry you had to go through such a scary time. I hope they get you in for the study soon so they can get your breathing sorted out. I have asthma too and there is no worse feeling in the world than not being able to breathe. I filled wth fluid after my surgery in jan. and my lung collapsed. I am still having breathing issues and its been almost 5 months. I keep all of you wonderful people in my daily prayers.((((hugs)))0