NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Medical marijuana- CO, WA (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/206847-medical-marijuana-co-wa.html)

SarahSmile0205 07-15-2014 11:24 AM

Medical marijuana- CO, WA

Yes, I know this is probably controversial however...

Anyone live where this is available and have used it to help with headaches or other symptoms?

vyzion 07-15-2014 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarahSmile0205 (Post 1082280)
Yes, I know this is probably controversial however...

Anyone live where this is available and have used it to help with headaches or other symptoms?

I saw an article recently where the NFL may consider allowing it for their players PCS recovering and long term benefits. Personally, at about 3 months in I realized that I was stressing and had way too much anxiety which wasn't helping my recovery...and so I tried some to relax and smoked a few times and it did help quite a bit with no other "negative" aspects. I haven't smoked in about 3 months since and I rarely drink now as well.

If anything, UCC had the most immediate and profound impact on reducing my stress and anxiety. Weed seems like it has an effect on the brain, and when you're trying to heal it you probably don't want to do to much to it? ALTHOUGH, I think anxiety/stress is worst than weed. Once again, YMMV.

Mark in Idaho 07-15-2014 12:11 PM

I used to follow another forum where there were lots of people who live in Colorado. The ones that used it found it provided relief from anxiety but sometimes had a rebound effect. Anything that alters brain chemistry needs to be considered very carefully.

vyzion 07-15-2014 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho (Post 1082287)
I used to follow another forum where there were lots of people who live in Colorado. The ones that used it found it provided relief from anxiety but sometimes had a rebound effect. Anything that alters brain chemistry needs to be considered very carefully.

Hey Mark,

Do you recall what the rebound effects are?

Mark in Idaho 07-15-2014 06:00 PM

The rebound effects were often the symptoms relieved by the pot. When the high was over, the symptoms returned a bit worse. Like anxiety.
Some used pot to restore a lost appetite.

vyzion 07-15-2014 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho (Post 1082380)
The rebound effects were often the symptoms relieved by the pot. When the high was over, the symptoms returned a bit worse. Like anxiety.
Some used pot to restore a lost appetite.

Ah, thank you Mark.