NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Index Finger twitching- Middle Finger tingling/numb (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/206976-index-finger-twitching-middle-finger-tingling-numb.html)

SarahSmile0205 07-17-2014 02:27 PM

Index Finger twitching- Middle Finger tingling/numb

So I know that I have herniated disks that are pushing on my spine at c-4,5,6,7... is this why my finger is twitching and my middle finger is having issues? If so, what do I do about this? Please tell me that this is not a surgical thing!

Sitke 07-17-2014 04:22 PM

I have herniated disc at C7-T1 and causes pain/tingling etc in my left arm and middle finger, sometimes pinky finger, was told the middle finger is coming from C7, sometimes it feels broken, so painful.

I think you should see a neurosurgeon, they will look at your MRI's and go from there, there are different therapies to try but depends on how much damage.

hope you feel better.

Hockey 07-17-2014 04:35 PM

Does it ever feel like you're shooting a lightening bolt out through your index finger? If only I could zap my evil neurologist.

SarahSmile0205 07-17-2014 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey (Post 1082969)
Does it ever feel like you're shooting a lightening bolt out through your index finger? If only I could zap my evil neurologist.

It starts viciously and with out warning...

Hockey 07-17-2014 06:57 PM

In my case, my PT told me it had to do with a damaged nerve waking up in my neck. I can't remember what the nerves name was, but "six" keeps popping into my head.

You poor woman, I know how much it hurts. Yes, and there's no warning to brace yourself. I don't know how many times I've yelped in public.

jinga 07-17-2014 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarahSmile0205 (Post 1082939)
So I know that I have herniated disks that are pushing on my spine at c-4,5,6,7... is this why my finger is twitching and my middle finger is having issues? If so, what do I do about this? Please tell me that this is not a surgical thing!

middle finger and upper arm pain is c7 for sure - had 2 level fusion still have the finger pain due to nerve damage - upper arm pain improved c6 is thumb and index finger

are you gettin pain in the upper arm outside tricep region - will be deep aching pain not jolts

Living_Dazed 07-18-2014 02:49 AM

Hi,

When I over do and my brain hits that brick wall where it shuts down into sleep mode immediately my tics and tremors get worse. My fingers will go back and forth faster that I can do them on my own.

I've had tingling and numbness at times in my hands also. No carpal tunnel was checked for that.

I have a bulging cervical disc. It is not touching the spinal cord but wsomeone
Here pointed out we lie down for the scans and inflammation can cause it to press against the cord.