NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Dreams (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/207036-dreams.html)

Bruins88 07-18-2014 08:16 PM

Dreams

Decided to finally make this topic. Im nearing the 8 month mark since my mtbi. Most if not all know my story so ill spare the details.

Wife and I were talking tonight about a seizure I had in the early morning hours Thursday. I dont recall it, besides her getting me out of it. Anyways that led to the dream discussion. For 6 months I did not have a single dream, or at I dont remember them. Finally last month I had a single dream that I can semi remember. Since then 0.

Before the injury I remember having lots of dreams, as my partner at work was the same way, and would share them on an almost bi-daily basis.

Anyone else have this? Im sure its semi-related to landing on the back of my head, but it still seems odd. Just curious about you guys.

Mark in Idaho 07-18-2014 08:41 PM

From what I understand, remembering dreams has more to do with the quality of sleep. But then, I get decent sleep but rarely remember dreams.

poetrymom 07-19-2014 12:25 AM

dreams

Yep dreams

I did not dream for the longest time. Around the 9 month mark I noticed my dreams again. I do journal them from time to time or I did.

I am going to try and do that again. I know I am dreaming again. It did come back but I know for a fact it was just not there that I could access for a long long time.

Hhere's to dreams and hoping you recall yours soon. I love dreams.

SarahSmile0205 07-19-2014 08:34 AM

Growing up I had 10 years of spanish and lived in Colombia for a summer... since the accident when my head is really bad, I dream in spanish... I have NEVER in my life dreamed in spanish... Mentioned it to my GP early on, he laughed...

anon1028 07-19-2014 09:15 AM

I've seen all kinds of doctors to get rid of my dreams lol night terrors

RickyBobby 07-19-2014 09:16 AM

I also didn't dream for about 6 months......but once I did, it seemed Real!
When I woke up I thought I had actually lived this experience......
Funny cause I can't recall what it was....lol

I rearly dream now, but when I do they seem real still
A few weeks ago, I dreamt that I was swimming in my pool n I inhailed some water ......n I woke up coughing n gagging ...real funny

Living_Dazed 07-19-2014 11:05 AM

Good morning,

I dream all the time. Extremely detailed, vivid dreams like I'm actually experiencing it all. Many many nightmares but the good dreams are amazing. In them my brother that passed and my grams are with us still. Fills my heart.

I did lose my sense of humor for about a year. It slowly came back and isn't all the way here yet. I also became more concrete in my understanding and less able to think abstractly.

😊. Jenna

Bruins88 07-19-2014 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_Dazed (Post 1083354)

I did lose my sense of humor for about a year. It slowly came back and isn't all the way here yet. I also became more concrete in my understanding and less able to think abstractly.

Thats what I miss most, my sense of humor and sarcasm.

Sitke 07-19-2014 03:33 PM

I didn't dream for the longest time, or if I did didn't know it, and now I dream quite a bit. but usually not nice dreams, they jolt me awake.

Get this.....sometimes I'm 1/2 a wake, get out of bed and realize I'm having a conversation, talking out loud to...who knows, kind of spooky.

SarahSmile0205 07-19-2014 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevbo887 (Post 1083357)
Thats what I miss most, my sense of humor and sarcasm.

Yeah... takes me a while to get sarcasm and some jokes