NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/)
-   -   Myofascial release (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/207295-myofascial-release.html)

lindsayshealth 07-24-2014 03:04 PM

Myofascial release

I just wanted to tell everyone that I had the BEST experience yesterday getting a myofascial massage....I actually felt functional today and I could think about things other than the constant pain/numbness/tingling. Not saying that it is a 100% cure all, but it is definitely something I will keep trying. Absolutely recommend this to you guys, just make sure it's a reputable masseuse who knows and understands TOS.

Jomar 07-24-2014 03:24 PM

Great job finding a good person.. it makes all the difference sometimes..:cool:

Akash 07-29-2014 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsayshealth (Post 1084729)
I just wanted to tell everyone that I had the BEST experience yesterday getting a myofascial massage....I actually felt functional today and I could think about things other than the constant pain/numbness/tingling. Not saying that it is a 100% cure all, but it is definitely something I will keep trying. Absolutely recommend this to you guys, just make sure it's a reputable masseuse who knows and understands TOS.

Can you let me know what all he/she did, any specific muscles or areas of focus?

kellysf 07-29-2014 06:58 PM

I had myofascial deep tissue massage for about 6 months and had an awful response, unfortunately. Each time I had it, I was much worse within a couple of hours. It got so the guy could barely touch me and I still left there all stirred up. I say this only because I think it matters how sensitive your central nervous system is to stimuli. I can tolerate almost nothing.

I'm glad it's working for you and I do agree that it's crucial to get a good person. And then, like everything else, monitor your individual response.

Take care,
Kelly

lindsayshealth 07-29-2014 08:54 PM

Yes, she knew I have TOS, and focused on scalenes, pec minor, and trapezius. It hurt a little bit some times. She even went into my armpit. There were parts where she would massage, while lifting and moving my arm. If you are in Virginia I can give you her name.

Eight 07-30-2014 12:47 AM

:trampoline:

Yay! I'm happy for you.

chloecasey 07-30-2014 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsayshealth (Post 1084729)

lindsayshealth

I have had surgery for TOS 4 years ago and had complications, etc. (can read my past posts for details), I now have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia (chronic wide nerve pain as I see it). The Doctor I am seeing has prescribed meds that are helping my sleep and pain most of the time (over activity when I do have energy & stress really brings on a flare).
He has also recommended Myofascial Release Therapy which I will be starting next week......The therapist is in the same office as the Pain Management Doctor so I hope that it will give me some relief.

Any thoughts or any concerns I should bring up to the therapist would be appreciated especially because of the situation with my surgical side.

chloecasey

Akash 07-30-2014 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsayshealth (Post 1085890)
Yes, she knew I have TOS, and focused on scalenes, pec minor, and trapezius. It hurt a little bit some times. She even went into my armpit. There were parts where she would massage, while lifting and moving my arm. If you are in Virginia I can give you her name.

I am based out if India but would appreciate any specific points she thinks should be done. I an getting MFR as well.

Coop42 07-30-2014 08:09 PM

My Opinion on Myofascial Release

I just did this video today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU6zd_cAqJ8

Akash 07-31-2014 12:50 AM

Great video Coop. Are there any videos of you doing your self care Myofascial release?