NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   weekly support group ideas for this week? (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/207446-weekly-support-ideas-week.html)

anon1028 07-28-2014 06:46 PM

weekly support group ideas for this week?

I thought the support group chat went very well last week and I was wondering if you guys had any ideas for this week's topic.

willgardner 07-28-2014 07:11 PM

Mark,

words cannot describe. Thank you.

:grouphug:

willgardner 07-28-2014 08:48 PM

I was thinking, short term/long term goals. When getting through a day is a struggle, it is easy to lose sight of where you are going (At least for me). I think this meeting would be a good opportunity to set/reevaluate/reaffirm goals. We can do 6 months from now(short-term goal) and 5 years from now(long-term goal).

Of course, I am open to other suggestions!

anon1028 07-28-2014 08:54 PM

that is a topic I've been afraid to confront. I think it in the great topic.but maybe we should let people who are new to the group talk about their family issues and acceptance like we did last week in the beginning and then go to your topic

Marina22 07-28-2014 09:34 PM

Maybe "What helps you to get through your darkest days" or "How do you keep yourself busy". Also - "Raising kids with PCS", but not all of us have kids here. Just some thoughts.

Marina22 07-28-2014 09:46 PM

Also - "What do you tell other people" (not family and friends). Like clerks, sales associates, teachers at your kids school etc. This is an invisible injury after all.

anon1028 07-28-2014 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marina22 (Post 1085666)
Also - "What do you tell other people" (not family and friends). Like clerks, sales associates, teachers at your kids school etc. This is an invisible injury after all.

those are great topics too. I wish someone would take charge and figure out a good format, but I guess we'll wing it. it was really therapeutic last week

Mark in Idaho 07-28-2014 10:36 PM

For those who are try to find the chat room

There are two different chat systems on the chat bar. The lower right chat is only for 'friends.' There is a Chatroom link at the lower left. Click on it then select the PCS and TBI chatroom. Be sure to select the chatroom with participants. Last week, Will set up a second chatroom. There is a PCS and TBI chatroom and a PCS & TBI chatroom.

If you don't see the chat bar, click on the blue cloud at the lower right. The chat bar will expand. Then you will see the Chat at the right and the Chatroom and the left.

underwater 07-28-2014 10:47 PM

Another topic idea is fear/anxiety. What are you afraid of, what are your strategies for coping with fear& anxiety.

anon1028 07-28-2014 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underwater (Post 1085684)
Another topic idea is fear/anxiety. What are you afraid of, what are your strategies for coping with fear& anxiety.

i HATE being afraid! i was never really afraid of much before this thing. we have a lot of topics :) afraid of feeling the way i feel and knowing i wlll feel this way when i wake up! but i have had this for a long time with several injuries. i don't want people with fresh injuries to think they wont improve. they certainly can improve a lot!!!