NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   Anxiety and concussion (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/208771-anxiety-concussion.html)

docmandu 08-30-2014 11:23 AM

Anxiety and concussion

Hi Guys and girls

Am suffering very distressing symptoms of generalised anxiety that is all consuming and pretty unpleasant and seems to come at all times of the day. Just feel like I have had 9 coffees!!!! Only have two a day.

I had a bad road bike accident about 9 weeks ago and was knocked out for a few minutes (was wearing a helmet) CT scan was normal.
Also feel a bit "triply" alot of the time and seems to get alot of vestibular symptoms especially in the morning often associated with mild nausea. I sleep a lot 11-12 hours at night and feel tired all the time often requiring a nap in the afternnon. Libido has taken a nose dive too.

Are all these things normal? I thought they would have gone by now.

Feeling a bit frustrated as am normally a pretty sporty active guy.

Kind regards

Howard

anon1028 08-30-2014 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by docmandu (Post 1092865)
Hi Guys and girls

Am suffering very distressing symptoms of generalised anxiety that is all consuming and pretty unpleasant and seems to come at all times of the day. Just feel like I have had 9 coffees!!!! Only have two a day.

I had a bad road bike accident about 9 weeks ago and was knocked out for a few minutes (was wearing a helmet) CT scan was normal.
Also feel a bit "triply" alot of the time and seems to get alot of vestibular symptoms especially in the morning often associated with mild nausea. I sleep a lot 11-12 hours at night and feel tired all the time often requiring a nap in the afternnon. Libido has taken a nose dive too.

Are all these things normal? I thought they would have gone by now.

Feeling a bit frustrated as am normally a pretty sporty active guy.

Kind regards

Howard

Welcome to the board. Knocks on the head recover at different speeds. Take a look at the vitamin sticky at the top of TBI page and keep getting the rest, eating well, and you should probably follow up with your doctor as he may prescribe something for the anxiety or refer you to another type of doctor. You are very early in recovery and there is no reason to think you wont recover well, it just might not be as fast as you wanted. For more help post in the TBI/PCS room.

Kitt 08-30-2014 12:52 PM

Welcome docmandu. :Wave-Hello:

Someone will be along to help.

Lara 08-30-2014 02:19 PM

Welcome to the NeuroTalk Support Groups, docmandu,

Here's the link to the Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome Forum

I'm sorry to read about your increased anxiety. It's not uncommon as you'll find on the forum that I posted.

Lots of helpful people there and lots of great information in the "Sticky" threads at the top.

take care and see you there...