NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/)
-   -   neurogenic tos (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/208949-neurogenic-tos.html)

Ciarrai 09-03-2014 12:26 PM

neurogenic tos

Hello,
After 4 years, I found out that I have neurogenic tos bilaterally.
I am right handed and the right side is much worse.
I have had two rounds of botox and about a years worth in total of PT for the shoulder.
I am going to see the DR next month to see the next steps. I am looking for some questions I should ask about Neurogenic TOS. I think surgery is next, but I am not sure what other options I have left.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Kitt 09-03-2014 01:36 PM

Welcome ciarrai. :Wave-Hello:

Eight 09-05-2014 10:06 AM

Hi, what kinds of things have you done in physical therapy?

Who is your surgeon? You should go to a surgeon that specializes in TOS.

Ciarrai 09-05-2014 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eight (Post 1094297)
Hi, what kinds of things have you done in physical therapy?

Who is your surgeon? You should go to a surgeon that specializes in TOS.

Eight- thank you so much for responding to me. :)

Dr. Donahue at MGH in Boston. TOS is what he does.
Stabilizing exercises for the shoulder and scapula. Stretching techniques for the pec major and minor muscles.

Some of the PT was before I was diagnosed with NTOS. Before that the DR I had seen thought it was an issue with my AC joint that has degeneration. That Dr gave me injections for the AC which solved one issue but the hand still was an issue. He sent me to Donahue who found the really issue.

Eight 09-05-2014 03:59 PM

I just had surgery with Dr. Donahue two days ago. He is excellent. You can keep doing botox and PT until it is a good time for you. If it had been bearible, I would had done botox for a full year along with pt before I had surgery.

I don't know if or when I will have he other side done.

Dr. Donahue is very likely the best surgeon in the world for NTOS.

Akash 09-05-2014 07:02 PM

Hi eight, how would you rate Dr Gelabert and Dr Jordan in terms of NTOS awareness and treatment.
Also, does Dr Donahue have a conservative therapy plan for NTOS?

Eight 09-05-2014 08:57 PM

Idk anything about Dr. Gelabet. Dr. Jordan only does scalenectomies and not the rib removal from what someone told me.

Dr. Donahue will do botox along with physical therapy as a conservative treatment.

Honestly, I'm on pain meds, but already feel better than before surgery in some aspects.

Ciarrai 09-08-2014 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eight (Post 1094402)
I just had surgery with Dr. Donahue two days ago. He is excellent. You can keep doing botox and PT until it is a good time for you. If it had been bearible, I would had done botox for a full year along with pt before I had surgery.

I don't know if or when I will have he other side done.

Dr. Donahue is very likely the best surgeon in the world for NTOS.

:) Thank you!