NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   well thats rather annoying (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/208951-thats-annoying.html)

Bruins88 09-03-2014 01:57 PM

well thats rather annoying

First and foremost, im a huge and I mean HUGE hockey and football fan.

So last night we had our fantasy football draft, i was the champ last year, and always do awesome. So I posted up with my laptop, first time in 8 months that I planned on being on the computer for more then 10-15 minutes. I was on for about an hour and a half. I couldnt do it, besides trying to think of who to draft, remembering names, and comparing stats it was WAY to overwhelming, coupled with the staring at the screen. I cant believe how such a meaningless, usually easy task, completely destroyed me, even into today.

That also worries me is watching the sports. Sadly, I missed basically from January on for hockey, I just couldnt watch tv, let alone a fast paced game like hockey. Last month I made a breakthrough, and the TV no longer bothered me, but I dont really watch it. Its on basically to glance up on, and some sort of background noise. I dont ever watch tv shows in whole now. I dvr a lot of shows that I previously enjoyed, but none of them give me enjoyment anymore. I just get lost in them, and only watch them 20 or so minutes at a time because I cant keep my attention on them.

Worries me knowing that I probably wont be able to pay attention to football, and the impending hockey season. To be honest, its the only reason I get cable.

Just annoyed.

Mokey 09-03-2014 02:15 PM

I have the same experience. When I finally started to watch television, even the news bothered me because they would have that tickertape moving along the bottom sometimes. And even sometimes in a drama on television when the characters go into a noisy bar I have to turn it off!!

Hockey on TV is very difficult because of the movement and glare
On the other hand it is probably good vision therapy if you can tolerate it in small bits
I'm sure you will see improvement!.

Mark in Idaho 09-03-2014 02:34 PM

When I watch TV, I used head phones so I can process the sounds. Otherwise, I end up getting lost trying to discern what is being said. It makes a world of difference. I have used the wireless head phones but now have a speaker cable to my chair with a mini-phone plug for my head phones.

Bruins88 09-03-2014 02:47 PM

Yup, ive been using them for a while now. I use them to listen to the today show in the morning, and to nfl talk shows. I also used them to listen to the Bruins games while my wife got to watch (that son of a gun!)

It does make a huge difference in that aspect, but doesnt really help me pay attention to it as "old me" would.

SarahSmile0205 09-03-2014 03:52 PM

I am a HUGE hockey fan as well.. that was one of the worst things... being at home and not being able to watch hockey... I would however close my eyes and listen until the processing got too much... then when they would replay or my husband would do a.. "HOLY COW, YOUVE GOTTA SEE THIS" I would open my eyes and we would play it back slow... hoping for a better season this year!