NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/)
-   -   1st Rib Resection and Scalenectomy Dr. Donahue (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/209055-1st-rib-resection-scalenectomy-dr-donahue.html)

Eight 09-05-2014 08:47 AM

1st Rib Resection and Scalenectomy Dr. Donahue

I had my surgery two days ago. Had a morophine pump at first but now on Torodal which is doing a good job of keeping the pain in check. Not sure what I'll be sent home with.

Surgery was successful thus far. I have numbness in the ring finger and pinky finger but that is expected to go away in a few days to a few months. Hurts to cough. Do not have this surgery if you have a cold, that would be horrible.

Dr. Donahue said that for he people he does surgery on, he has a 93-94% success rate. By that it is meaning that the patient has had at least a 50% improvement in symptoms.

Anyway, after ten years of his crap, I'm very happy I have went through the surgery. Don't ask me on e the Torodal has worn off though.

Akash 09-05-2014 12:48 PM

Good on you Eight

Happy healing

curby 09-05-2014 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eight (Post 1094284)
I had my surgery two days ago. Had a morophine pump at first but now on Torodal which is doing a good job of keeping the pain in check. Not sure what I'll be sent home with.

Surgery was successful thus far. I have numbness in the ring finger and pinky finger but that is expected to go away in a few days to a few months. Hurts to cough. Do not have this surgery if you have a cold, that would be horrible.

Dr. Donahue said that for he people he does surgery on, he has a 93-94% success rate. By that it is meaning that the patient has had at least a 50% improvement in symptoms.

Anyway, after ten years of his crap, I'm very happy I have went through the surgery. Don't ask me on e the Torodal has worn off though.

That is wonderful news, Eight! Wishing you a speedy recovery

Eight 09-07-2014 09:41 PM

I'm recovering well. One of the best things that has happened in my life was this surgery. I will have the other side done as soon as I am able.

lindsayshealth 09-10-2014 07:07 PM

I am very happy for you!!!

Can you do a post and give alllll the info start - finish about your surgery?! Would love to read it.

Hope you are healing well!!!

Eight 09-14-2014 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsayshealth (Post 1095598)
I am very happy for you!!!

Can you do a post and give alllll the info start - finish about your surgery?! Would love to read it.

Hope you are healing well!!!

I will later, but my arms are tired now. Still recovering. Walking helps a ton!

Akash 09-17-2014 06:57 AM

Rest Eight, you can always chat with us later. :)