NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Books, Movies, Music and TV Talk (https://www.neurotalk.org/books-movies-music-and-tv-talk/)
-   -   Movies: Top five favourite films (https://www.neurotalk.org/books-movies-music-and-tv-talk/209254-top-five-favourite-films.html)

Andy_Pablo 09-09-2014 08:08 PM

Top five favourite films

Top five films

1- 'Waltz With Bashir'. A subtitled film about memory repression after the Lebanon war. It is Beautiful but harrowing. Amazing film.

2- 'Donnie Darko'. Complicated film that encourages individual interpretation about the events as they unfold. Some fantastic visual metaphors in it.

3- 'Any Given Sunday'. As a College Football & NFL fan, a film with such fantastic cinematography, is a must to see. Not all about the game either & some good performances.

4- 'Watchmen'. I have read the graphic novel & I have to say, how I imagined one of the first scenes with the button to go, is exactly how it happened.

5- 'Sin City'. Purely for the fact that it is visually stunning. Love a bit of 'film noir' effect & with a very subtle use of colour, it really is an aesthetic pleasure.

anon1028 09-09-2014 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy_Pablo (Post 1095347)
Top five films

1- 'Waltz With Bashir'. A subtitled film about memory repression after the Lebanon war. It is Beautiful but harrowing. Amazing film.

2- 'Donnie Darko'. Complicated film that encourages individual interpretation about the events as they unfold. Some fantastic visual metaphors in it.

3- 'Any Given Sunday'. As a College Football & NFL fan, a film with such fantastic cinematography, is a must to see. Not all about the game either & some good performances.

4- 'Watchmen'. I have read the graphic novel & I have to say, how I imagined one of the first scenes with the button to go, is exactly how it happened.

5- 'Sin City'. Purely for the fact that it is visually stunning. Love a bit of 'film noir' effect & with a very subtle use of colour, it really is an aesthetic pleasure.

Any Given Sunday was very good. Donnie Darko I read the spoiler to, still might watch. Sin City was great, Missed the most recent one because speakers at theatre blew out lol. Figures, the one time I leave the house in weeks Watchmen never heard of. Will have to look up.

My five,
The Godfather I
The Godfather II
Goodfellas
A Steetcar Names Desire
Citizen Kane, Jane Eyre, and All about Eve lol couldn't decide

Andy_Pablo 09-10-2014 03:17 AM

All excellent choices sir...

KnowNothingJon 10-07-2014 04:12 PM

A few favorites-

V is for Vendetta- striking how close fiction can be to truth's edge

The Empire Strikes Back- 8 year old KNJ learns the good guys don't always win and also how horrific paternity reveals can be long before Maury Povich made it a money maker

The Princess Bride- One of the great movies of the 80s

Cloud Atlas- it just resonated with me in every way it didn't for those who panned it

Pidge 02-21-2015 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowNothingJon (Post 1101754)
A few favorites-

V is for Vendetta- striking how close fiction can be to truth's edge

The Empire Strikes Back- 8 year old KNJ learns the good guys don't always win and also how horrific paternity reveals can be long before Maury Povich made it a money maker

The Princess Bride- One of the great movies of the 80s

Cloud Atlas- it just resonated with me in every way it didn't for those who panned it

1. Star Wars
2. The Abyss
3. Indiana Jones Movies
4. Back to the Future
5. Bourne Ultimatum

EnglishDave 02-22-2015 09:59 AM

All time favourite:
The Italian Job (original, not atrocious remake)

4 of many I will watch any time:
Heaven Can Wait (1978)
Star Wars (original trilogy as a marathon cheat)
Wargames
Trading Places.

Can you guess when I grew up?

Dave.

Lara 02-22-2015 02:14 PM

It's hard to pick only 5 favourites. Some movies I love just because of the costumes or the sets and not for any other reason.

Out of Africa
Gandhi
Dr Zhivago
Moulin Rouge
The Thomas Crown Affair (Steve McQueen & Faye Dunaway one)
The Remains of the Day
Big Wednesday
Pearl Harbor
Rosemary's Baby *spooky but incredibly made.

I could go on, but that's more than 5 already. ;)

SkimbleShanks 03-05-2015 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy_Pablo (Post 1095347)
Top five films

1.EverAfter
2.Eddie And The Cruisers 2
3.Harry Potter
4.MASK ( With Cher)
5.Son In Law

bluesfan 03-05-2015 10:57 PM

Days of Heaven (with a young Richard Gere before he became a star and when he bothered to act well - some excellent cinematography)
Local Heroes
Charles et Lucie (French comedy)
Shawshank Redemption
The Run of the Country (Irish Comedy/Drama)

mrsD 03-06-2015 10:11 AM

My ultimate favorite movie is The Piano.

Second is Simon Birch

then Avatar,
The Jackson remake of King Kong.
and The Abyss.