NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Dentistry & Dental Issues (https://www.neurotalk.org/dentistry-and-dental-issues/)
-   -   right side bite change after left- side extraction (https://www.neurotalk.org/dentistry-and-dental-issues/209445-bite-change-left-extraction.html)

ekelks2 09-14-2014 10:22 AM

right side bite change after left- side extraction

Hi. New to this site. four days ago had last two upper teeth extracted, from my left, in order to be fitted with a more comfortable, flexible denture. Healing expected to take 3 to 4 weeks. Meantime, even tho am still on liquid diet, biting down without any dentures, is different on right side, like a bony tori has grown up or down on my upper or lower right jaw. Returned to dentist two days ago but he found nothing, said once dentures were on it would go back to normal. But I've sucked candy, etc., before all this without wearing my partial denture, and never felt this hard ridge, if that's what it is, jutting down on my lower gum. And it's all on the other side of the mouth! Can anyone explain why this is happening? Thanks.

Pamissotired 09-28-2014 06:04 PM

Hi I'm just wondering why no one has replied to your post? Seems odd, hoping you are feeling better.

Kitt 09-28-2014 06:58 PM

Welcome ekelks2. :Tip-Hat:

Brianna will be along to help.

Bryanna 09-28-2014 08:42 PM

Hi ekelks2,

It is best to go back to your dentist, explain your symptoms and show him the areas that you are talking about. Your situation needs to be seen clinically for a diagnosis.

Bryanna

Quote:

Originally Posted by ekelks2 (Post 1096362)
Hi. New to this site. four days ago had last two upper teeth extracted, from my left, in order to be fitted with a more comfortable, flexible denture. Healing expected to take 3 to 4 weeks. Meantime, even tho am still on liquid diet, biting down without any dentures, is different on right side, like a bony tori has grown up or down on my upper or lower right jaw. Returned to dentist two days ago but he found nothing, said once dentures were on it would go back to normal. But I've sucked candy, etc., before all this without wearing my partial denture, and never felt this hard ridge, if that's what it is, jutting down on my lower gum. And it's all on the other side of the mouth! Can anyone explain why this is happening? Thanks.

Bryanna 09-28-2014 08:45 PM

Hi Pam,

Just in case you didn't know, I am the only dental professional on this site and I volunteer my time here. I do the best that I can to get back to everyone in a timely manner. Thanks for your concern and response to ekelks2.

Take care,
Bryanna

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pamissotired (Post 1099831)
Hi I'm just wondering why no one has replied to your post? Seems odd, hoping you are feeling better.