NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Savella has been a lifesaver for my RSD (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/209594-savella-lifesaver-rsd.html)

DougLo 09-16-2014 06:31 PM

Savella has been a lifesaver for my RSD

I've been suffering with RSD in my left leg for about 3 months. After trying all different combinations of medicine I talked to my Doctor about Lyrica. I told him that we had to try something different because my pain was at a 7 when it was at 10 in the beginning. We talked for awhile and he recommended Savella along with the Gabapentin I was taking. He told me Savella was like Lyrica on steroids. I told him I'd try anything. It's been about 5 weeks and my pain is about a 1 or 2. I'm currently taking 50mg at night and 75 to 100mg in the morning along with 600mg of Gabapentin 3 times per day. I can actually enjoy life now, since I can sleep and do most normal things. Right now I'm back in the gym and trying to re-build the muscles in my leg, as they wasted away. I just wanted to let everyone know that I've been able to find relief and maybe someone else can.

Lottie 09-16-2014 10:14 PM

Impressive response! So glad this med has significantly improved your quality of life. Did lyrica help you at all? I was on it for awhile, never thought it helped me much. Thank you for sharing your experience. ~Lottie

Russell 09-17-2014 08:46 AM

Congrats on the good news!
I can't take Savella because Cymbalta and Amitriptyline, which are two of my cocktail, keep Savella from working... (FYI)

Adalaide 09-17-2014 11:29 PM

That's great! I'm glad it's working for someone. My doc had me try it and I ended up with serotonin syndrome which was boatloads of fun. I've been on nearly everything and I'm done I think with weird drugs. But I'm always happy for people who find things that work for them. :hug:

razzle51 03-09-2015 11:48 AM

my dr said I could take savella with Cymbalta .... just wondering about if I can take with tramadol... dr said ok druggiest said no grrrrrrrrrrr

mrsD 03-09-2015 12:07 PM

ABSOLUTELY not.... Cymbalta and Savella are very similar ....almost the same thing. Look that up yourself! Savella is slightly more on norepi reuptake, but both are SSRIs too.
I can't even imagine a person using both together and adding in Tramadol....what a nightmare!

Some doctor!... Check with him/her to make sure he/she understands that, before another patient gets harmed!

Littlepaw 03-09-2015 08:35 PM

So glad something is working! Being able to hit your rehab groove at the gym is really going to speed up recovery! It's nice to hear good news.

Littlepaw. :hug: