NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Parkinson's Disease (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/)
-   -   POLL...please vote...Posting Of News Items (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/20968-poll-please-vote-posting-news-items.html)

Stitcher 06-01-2007 05:34 PM

POLL...please vote...Posting Of News Items

I have been posting relevant news for a long time now. Well, news I feel is relevant.

This poll is to see what you all think. I spent a couple of hours...more than a couple of hours, LOL...a day going through various online sites, reviewing my Inbox alerts from various groups and the RSS' feeds I have set up on Google Reader.

:Thanx:

paula_w 06-01-2007 11:36 PM

Carolyn,

I hope you don't mind if I tell a story about you....lol. The Pipeline Project had a retreat last fall and about 7 or 8 of us met at Perry Cohen's house. We got so much done that way and Carolyn just never stops. She's the first to run out to the store and furnish us with nutritional needs like M & Ms and wine...

She whizzes through large loads of dishes; one gets out of breath trying to keep up with her.

At ease, I mean while sitting, her fingers are busily flying over the keyboard or doing needle point.

Now I see Carolyn's organizational creativity as she pursues something she enjoys - sharing news. All that being said, I don't want to vote for any of the choices on your poll...lol. I enjoy your news articles wherever they show up. If you've invested time in your blog, by all means try it out in different places.

I see what you are trying out....and think 'you should just do what you feel like doing or trying. I'm not trying to be difficult I swear lol.

paula

Daffy Duck 06-02-2007 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolyn (Post 107851)
I have been posting relevant news for a long time now. Well, news I feel is relevant.

This poll is to see what you all think. I spent a couple of hours...more than a couple of hours, LOL...a day going through various online sites, reviewing my Inbox alerts from various groups and the RSS' feeds I have set up on Google Reader.

:Thanx:

You're a remarkable contributor. Don't even consider not continuing to be such a prolific news provider.

reverett123 06-02-2007 09:32 AM

As usual, I agree with Daffy

:)
Seriously, you are providing a great service as are the others who do similar work. Remember that the archives are searchable so that something that is barely acknowledged today may be important next year.

Maureen 06-02-2007 01:05 PM

Poll

Carolyn, I concur with the above sentiments. The information you post is essential and you are to be congratulated for the extraordinary contributions you make to this forum.
Best, Maureen

Stitcher 06-02-2007 03:20 PM

:Thanx: for your kind comments.

It was nice not see no :Demonstration: breaking out :D

It hasn't yet been 48 hours since I posted the poll.
Anyone who hasn't voted and would like to do so, please go for it.

I did make a decision about what to do:
  • Cross post in both NeuroTalk and the PWP News and Resources blog.
So, now I will begin to catch up on my news postings here in NT.
Hope I don't fill up the page :eek: Just kidding.

The blog is evolving, and construction will take a while...I have set goals about the blog. It will get done mostly in between putting fires out with grandchildren sitting, getting the sprinkler set up in the backyard for them, making popcorn...lunches...snacks, driving the summer carpool (which begins in one week :D).

Oh yes, and maybe doing my laundry, cleaning my home, and remembering to eat, sleep and water the plant...all of which I have become not so good at :wink: ...and all of which use up precious computer time. And need I forget the poor cat...Casper...I have to remember to feed him...just kidding...he almost takes me by the hand and drags me to this bowl if it gets empty...which is rare (he belongs to my son and I am cat-sitting while "dad" is in Iraq.)

There is both an up side and a downside to living alone...

ON the UP SIDE
: No one bugs you to sit with them and watch TV in the evening, etc. No one monitors your computer time. No one insists on eating meals with you, rather than allowing you to eat meals with your monitor instead.

ON the DOWN SIDE: No one bugs you to sit with them and watch TV in the evening, etc. No one monitors your computer time. No one insists on eating meals with you, rather than allowing you to eat meals with your monitor instead.

Never take those carepartners and family members for granted :grouphug:

OH yes...now Paula...telling tales out of school :holysheep:

I will have to think of a few for you...:Scratch-Head:...maybe the day we went walking through the underbrush to reach the beach and stumbled over the dead alligator :( ...do you remember that day? Or how many pounds of M&Ms we consumed sitting at your computer :rolleyes: Both seems to have been eons ago!

The retreat was a nice four days and a lot of work did get done...large stickie notes all over the walls...discovering who could cook and who could not!! And no one complained about snoring.

kimmydawn 06-02-2007 03:32 PM

Carolyn,

I think it's great that you want to post news information as you find it and as it happens!

If there's anyway that I can help, please don't hesitate to let me know.

KD

paula_w 06-02-2007 04:39 PM

Oh my!

I certainly remember that alligator - it was HUGE Pretty out there tho wasn't it?

:p paula

oyster 06-02-2007 05:04 PM

lol

carolyn- funny the difference alone or w/partner ha:p

BEMM 06-02-2007 10:00 PM

Perhaps....

Please don't stop posting the news here Carolyn. I know if you stopped I, and others as lazy as I am, would not find a fraction of the information you provide. But perhaps the day's, week's news could be posted under one headline in one post, so the pages don't move so fast, and other posts don't 'drown' so quickly on page 2 or 3 - or 4 - before they have been read and responded to by all who might have had something to contribute. We would all read one, long post from you as eagerly and as readily as we read the single ones now.

birte.