NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   high dose cymbalta and neurontin..normal sleep (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/210346-dose-cymbalta-neurontin-normal-sleep.html)

anon1028 10-01-2014 02:19 PM

high dose cymbalta and neurontin..normal sleep

Woke up without remembering my dreams!! No tremors. no pain. Almost too good to be true. The usual fear that this new combo will work for a while then fade away is there. But i'll just enjoy today and see what happens.

Weight down to 353. shooting for 340 by end of October. don't know if the weight loss is helping symptoms too.

mouse1 10-01-2014 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markneil1212 (Post 1100513)
Woke up without remembering my dreams!! No tremors. no pain. Almost too good to be true. The usual fear that this new combo will work for a while then fade away is there. But i'll just enjoy today and see what happens.

Weight down to 353. shooting for 340 by end of October. don't know if the weight loss is helping symptoms too.

Hope it works for you!

mfurest 02-03-2018 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anon1028 (Post 1100513)

I'm curious to know what dose you were on and if it worked long term?

Mark in Idaho 02-04-2018 04:22 AM

anon1028 has not posted on NT since October 2014.

Living_Dazed 04-06-2018 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfurest (Post 1258579)
I'm curious to know what dose you were on and if it worked long term?

I was on cymbalta and gabapentin at the same time. I started taking cymbalta in 2008 four yrs prior to my brain injury and started gabapentin in 2013-2014. The cymbalta controlled depression & anxiety and helped with my full body pain. The gaba helped keep my migraines and headaches at tolerable levels and slightly helped with the body pain but not much.

Last fall I came of the cymbalta as it has damaged my liver greatly (testing and treatment at Mayo clinic). Three months after coming off of it, my liver enzymes are in range for the first time in 8-9 years. I've been off six months and pray the depression does not come back. My anxiety is increased and I sparingly use xanax as needed.

My bigger focus is eating clean, getting as much exercise as possible and regularly seeing my neuropsychologist to try to keep the depression at bay.