NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   good news (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/210445-news.html)

HarryDresden 10-03-2014 03:22 PM

good news

Greetings,

In my follow up with Dr.A, he expressed that he sincerely thought it couldn't be CRPS. He also doubted it was simple a slow healing broken toe. As i understand it, he believes its nerve damage and their going to try a superficial peroneal nerve block.

My symptoms have subsided to nothing in the last couple days: No redness , warmth (Edit: of course a hour after i typed this i got a flare of redness and warm), only minor twitches and it feels slightly colder then the other foot (but still has warmer skin temp). The foot still feels odd and i get short bursts of minor pain at night but these also have largely subsided. My ROM is still severally hampered. My stress level is also down.

Thanks again for everyones support. While I don't know what the future holds i'm a lot more optimistic then i was two-three weeks ago.

CRPSsongbird 10-04-2014 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryDresden (Post 1100965)
Greetings,

In my follow up with Dr.A, he expressed that he sincerely thought it couldn't be CRPS. He also doubted it was simple a slow healing broken toe. As i understand it, he believes its nerve damage and their going to try a superficial peroneal nerve block.

My symptoms have subsided to nothing in the last couple days: No redness , warmth (Edit: of course a hour after i typed this i got a flare of redness and warm), only minor twitches and it feels slightly colder then the other foot (but still has warmer skin temp). The foot still feels odd and i get short bursts of minor pain at night but these also have largely subsided. My ROM is still severally hampered. My stress level is also down.

Thanks again for everyones support. While I don't know what the future holds i'm a lot more optimistic then i was two-three weeks ago.

HD
I'm glad someone finally dodged the nasty bullet of Crps!! I was sure it wasn't, but I'm glad you have the confirmation. And you are very welcome (I'm sure from us all here at NT) for the advice/support, it's what we do, I think anyone will agree that even when it ends up being wrong, that when you're diagnosed with Crps it's a very frighteningly/terrifyingly confusing time. I pray that you can regain the mobility and resume your normal life. You may want to ask your doctor for a nerve conduction testing, it can be very helpful. Also there is an "experimental" (no dangerous side effects) proceeduress we'd here you inject, using a super small needle, a saline and glucose(basically sugar) mixture directly on the injured nerve/nerve pathway. Many studies have proven to expedite healing in nerves. Dr. M. Janes in Eastern 1Washington performs that procedure, and would know if it might be beneficial for you I'm sure