NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Medications & Treatments (https://www.neurotalk.org/medications-and-treatments/)
-   -   Day 53 Without Lyrica ! The saga goes on. (https://www.neurotalk.org/medications-and-treatments/210816-day-53-lyrica-saga-goes.html)

Johnsonsyard 10-12-2014 11:37 AM

Day 53 Without Lyrica ! The saga goes on.

Hi Everyone , now day 53 since Lyrica and still having problems. I've wrote before about muscles spasms but also getting distressing Gastro intestinal problems GERD and IBS. No two days the same Ended up A& E again after a fainting episode related the the GI issues. How are people finding post Lyrica effects ? Love to know, to try and keep my spirits up as my moods are all over the place. Does not help that docs don't even acknowledge Withdrawal and consider me some kind of threat talking about it.

Thanks

Nick

McKenzie 10-26-2014 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnsonsyard (Post 1102625)
Hi Everyone , now day 53 since Lyrica and still having problems. I've wrote before about muscles spasms but also getting distressing Gastro intestinal problems GERD and IBS. No two days the same Ended up A& E again after a fainting episode related the the GI issues. How are people finding post Lyrica effects ? Love to know, to try and keep my spirits up as my moods are all over the place. Does not help that docs don't even acknowledge Withdrawal and consider me some kind of threat talking about it.

Thanks

Nick

Yes. Just when you think it is all behind you, the nausea etc can suddenly hit again. But on the whole there are more better times than bad. There is just no pattern to recovery. It seems so random.

DebAdoo102 10-29-2014 12:48 PM

Lyrica Withdrawal

I have just starting weaning off of Lyrica. I am now taking 50mg twice a day and will start taking just once a day tomorrow for one week. The pain is already starting to come back and I have since developed a burning/pain sensation on the left side of my face, from the temple to the cheek. I'm hoping that this will go away soon as I didn't have this pain on my face previously. It could just be a coincidence, but I don't know for sure.

Hope you are feeling better!

GAR2KAT 02-19-2015 03:15 PM

Please, please try Gotu Kola. I have been taking Lyrica for 10 years and this helps ALL w/d symptoms! Acts like Lyrica...anxiety gone. Just so blown away at finding a solution to the hell of stopping.

EnglishDave 02-19-2015 06:29 PM

Nick - and everyone,
I have no personal knowledge of Lyrica - thankfully having read people's struggles - but I have had withdrawal symptoms from other meds, especially anti-depressants.
Don't let Medical Staff make you question your sanity, or convince you there are other reasons for your symptoms when you are sure you know what is the cause.
I am thinking about you, and hoping this saga resolves soon.

Dave.

Diandra 03-01-2015 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GAR2KAT (Post 1125007)
Please, please try Gotu Kola. I have been taking Lyrica for 10 years and this helps ALL w/d symptoms! Acts like Lyrica...anxiety gone. Just so blown away at finding a solution to the hell of stopping.

Would you tell us a bit about your experience with glut kola. I have never heard of it. How much did you take, for how long???? what dose of Lyrica did you get of over what time frame, etc.
Thanks, Diandra

appleaday 04-18-2015 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GAR2KAT (Post 1125007)

I'll try anything that will help me get off this Lyrica ride. My fibro pain is gone, I'm on 75 mg once per day. I weaned down to 1 pill every other day. Then I let 2 days happen and WHAM! I woke up this morning and I felt like I had terrible stomach flu and respiratory problems. Nothing helped. Intense chills, off the chart. Vision was blurry. Nothing helped the nausea - nothing! All my symptoms were getting worse. I took a Lyrica in the early afternoon. I was better in a couple of hours.
My daughter needs my help with the kids, she just had a new baby. I'm going to keep taking this for a little while, then, when my daughter is stronger (very difficult pregnancy and birth - baby needs operation now), I will taper off. But I will supplement with Gotu Kola, if that really works. Thank you

caroline2 05-29-2015 12:34 PM

I deal with bodywide OA, and Fibro and a hip replacement MESS...I'm 77 soon.

I work to keep pain meds as low as possible and use ibuprofen and some other pain supplements that do help me.

MSM powder in 3-4 daily doses in clean water, 1 tsp for 8 oz liquid...I sometimes add low sodium V8 to my morning MSM drink.

I just posted some info on: do more pain meds, cause more pain. Yes, they do.

Porkette 06-03-2015 05:38 PM

Hi Nick,

I took Lyrica for my epilepsy and it wasn't much help. What you need to do is ask your Dr. to do a DNA test on you. All they have to do is draw a few tubes of blood and then wipe the inside of your mouth with a q-tip. This is all sent to the lab and they can see your body chemistry along with the amount of enzymes that are in your liver and then they will take that info and match that up to the best prescription for you with the least side effects.

I had this test done a few yrs. ago after trying over 10 different meds to help control my epilepsy but nothing worked, by doing the test my Dr. found I was drug resistant to all seizure meds out on the market right now.

I will tell you when you ask for this test if you do sometimes a Dr. will say we don't do these tests but that's not true they have been doing them for a long time. The Dr. just want to keep making money from the drug co. that they are prescribing drugs for. If this should happen just tell the Dr. that they will go on report to the medical conduct board in your state and take my word they will be sure to give you the test.
I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You,
Sue

Gunny Fitz 06-05-2015 11:04 AM

Searching thru this section I saw this thread and am now worried.

My Pain Doc just started my Lyrica treatment with 75mg twice a day and then has me ready to go up to 150mg twice a day. I had NO IDEA that this medication was something that one became "dependent" on - I hate and don't use "addiction" word.!

Are you folks saying you are having these issues coming OFF of it ?
Why would you come off it if it was working for you?

I am about to put up my own thread in Meds Section so please feel free to reply to me on it if you wish to pass me some good info about this, ok?

THANKS!