NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Has anybody tried "Earthing" or Grounding" ? (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/211032-tried-earthing-grounding.html)

Mark in Idaho 10-17-2014 12:30 AM

Has anybody tried "Earthing" or Grounding" ?

Earthing or Grounding is a concept where one spends time barefoot on moist soil or grass or wears an electrical connection while sleeping connected to a electrical ground source. It is supposed to help the body normalize free radicals. Claims are that it can help with insomnia, reduce inflammation, help the immune system and some other health problems.

Free radicals are known to cause health issues. Anti-oxidants are one way to reduce free radicals.

Amazon and other online sources sell earthing kits, $30 or more, depending on the version. It has some science behind it, including some blind studies. The cost is cheap enough to try it with minimal risk. The kits either use an EKG patch or wrist or ankle bands connected by a wire to the third prong (only the third prong, it is not energized) of a grounded electrical outlet.

I found this while looking into the Fisher Wallace Stimulator that some use for insomnia. Google appears to have targeted me for Fisher Wallace Stimulator ads since I googled it last week.

mrsD 10-17-2014 12:35 AM

Some of our Peripheral Neuropathy
Posters use Earthing. Come to our
Forum and search it, Mark.;)

willgardner 10-17-2014 01:01 AM

never heard of it, but the concept makes sense. let us know how it goes if you do try it.

SuperElectric 10-17-2014 11:24 AM

You could probably make your own with some copper cabling and an old plug.

Jomar 10-17-2014 11:31 AM

I think if close to the sea/ocean walking barefoot along the shoreline can do the same.. Has something to do with neg & positive ions also..

Lara 10-17-2014 01:27 PM

Not on topic for "grounding" so much, but I have known people who swear by their negative ion generators. I don't think there have been any studies that prove one way or the other that they are helpful or not but I could be wrong. The partner of a friend of mine made his own. Everyone has a negative ion generator in their home and that's the shower.

Jap4iP 10-17-2014 01:29 PM

I have heard of that and tried it before. In my opinion you do not have to buy special equipment to reap the benefits of grounding. It does help to reduce stress, and I am sure it helps with other things as well.
-Josh

Jomar 10-17-2014 03:13 PM

If interested there are DIY posts online about how to make your own..

You might want to read about nasty EMF fields while you are exploring the grounding/earthing.. Some we can't control , but in the home limiting exposure is doable..

Jomar 10-18-2014 11:44 AM

I couldn't recall this lady's name /site the other day-
she has quite a bit of this kind of info in her blogs & articles.
http://www.annlouise.com/blog/2014/0...ath-your-feet/

allijesse 10-21-2014 12:50 PM

[QUOTE=Mark in Idaho;1103560]Earthing or Grounding is a concept where one spends time barefoot on moist soil or grass or wears an electrical connection while sleeping connected to a electrical ground source. It is supposed to help the body normalize free radicals. Claims are that it can help with insomnia, reduce inflammation, help the immune system and some other health problems.

my only question about this is i know people with dogs who have epilepsy, and i'm wondering why it wouldn't help a dog overcome epilepsy since, ostensibly, the dog is 'earthing' all the time. i'm genuinely curious about this.