NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Symptoms not neurological (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/211070-symptoms-neurological.html)

baba222 10-17-2014 06:22 PM

Symptoms not neurological

Hello,
So two emgs and sweat test are normal. Symptoms began 2 1/2 months ago.
Saw two neurologists now at prestigious institutions.
One said he does not have a diagnosis and there are no more tests to do.
The other one said in my permanent record that he is skeptical if my symptoms are neurological in origin.
So, they only believe in tests and not the patient?
Now any future doctor will be see this as a psychological issue.
Any thoughts?
TIA

zkrp01 10-18-2014 11:01 AM

Still early

Quote:

Originally Posted by baba222 (Post 1103730)
Hello,
So two emgs and sweat test are normal. Symptoms began 2 1/2 months ago.
Saw two neurologists now at prestigious institutions.
One said he does not have a diagnosis and there are no more tests to do.
The other one said in my permanent record that he is skeptical if my symptoms are neurological in origin.
So, they only believe in tests and not the patient?
Now any future doctor will be see this as a psychological issue.
Any thoughts?
TIA

It is still early on if you are to journey down the Neuropathy road. I remember that the panic is bad as you don't know anything except that something is frighteningly wrong. Idiopathic is the term given when when when Dr has to pull a diagnosis out of the air. If you are freaked out, take heart, there is a small army marching with you. Good luck, Ken in Texas

baba222 10-18-2014 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zkrp01 (Post 1103841)
It is still early on if you are to journey down the Neuropathy road. I remember that the panic is bad as you don't know anything except that something is frighteningly wrong. Idiopathic is the term given when when when Dr has to pull a diagnosis out of the air. If you are freaked out, take heart, there is a small army marching with you. Good luck, Ken in Texas

Thanks so much Ken.
I am not even getting that.
The psychiatric stuff will make the journey longer and may impede my ability to get real treatment.
I can't tell you how disappointed I am. Healthy until last year and did not go to the doctor. I think I have SFN since it keeps progressing to all parts with burning and now have flash muscle spasms.
My family doctor is exhausted will probably believe all the doctors :eek:, not me.
Your words are greatly appreciated.
Take care.

mrsD 10-18-2014 03:50 PM

Get that Morton's Epsom lotion. I will help for the muscle twitching at least. Don't apply to all over your body though. The mag is absorbed. You can rotate locations over several days. Use about a quarter's amount once a day to start.

zkrp01 10-19-2014 11:03 AM

52 cards in a deck

Quote:

Originally Posted by baba222 (Post 1103873)
Thanks so much Ken.
I am not even getting that.
The psychiatric stuff will make the journey longer and may impede my ability to get real treatment.
I can't tell you how disappointed I am. Healthy until last year and did not go to the doctor. I think I have SFN since it keeps progressing to all parts with burning and now have flash muscle spasms.
My family doctor is exhausted will probably believe all the doctors :eek:, not me.
Your words are greatly appreciated.
Take care.

Might not be worth anything, but my Chiropracter's wife was a specially trained rehab masaage (deep tissue) therapist. I finally quit going to see him and would only see her. We worked on balance, muscle wasting, nutrician, etc. I may have scared off patients in the waiting room as the woman could make a 280 lb. man scream like a frightened schoolgirl. Bottom line, the are lots of cards in the deck and Chiropractors have gained a lot more respect from me than I used to have. Good luck, Ken in Texas