NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Miracle?.. (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/211844-miracle.html)

Billylyne5 11-06-2014 01:14 PM

Miracle?..

Well in desperation I saw a chiropractor today, after a long discussion and examination he said I had the worst misaligned neck, spine and pelvis he had ever seen in 20 years😬 after listening to my symptoms he said he thought my problems were all from my back being misaligned and that if we got it back in line my symptoms should resolve, I had treatment, and that's it he said I didn't need to go back, although he said once a year is good just to keep everything in sync. He gave me some advice about how to stop it getting so bad again.

Can it really be that simple, a year of tests and pain, we will see what happens 😜

Jomar 11-06-2014 01:42 PM

Well I would think it would take more than a single session, because your muscles have been in the misaligned state for so long..:confused:

It's called muscle memory,, they will tend to pull back to the old position for awhile.

So you had 1 session and do you feel better or different at all?

I had chronic repetitive strain injury and it took 6 months or so to get the worst issues resolved. 2x a wk , then 1x a week ,then bi monthly then monthly etc..

I will be very surprised if a one time treatment holds..
Just don't sign up for any long term tx plan.. if they try to push that if you go back..

Billylyne5 11-06-2014 02:25 PM

That's what I thought, my neck and back do feel looser, and what he said made sense, I could see one leg was longer than the other etc. he did not feel the need to do any more sessions at the moment, he just said wait and see how things go. No pressure at all, completely the opposite in fact.

He was recommended to me by someone I work with, he doesn't advertise,his business is all by word of mouth. I know he has seen people and after the inital consultation he has said he can't help and hasn't charged them.

We will see 😉

Marlene 11-06-2014 02:36 PM

John had a couple of issues that resolved with just one treatment. I guess it just depends on what's out. His gait normalized immediately after his first adjustment and stayed normal. His breathing at night normalized after adjusting a rib that was out.

hopeful 11-06-2014 11:05 PM

I agree with JoMar. I'm really surprised he didn't suggest more sessions. If that is the reason you have all this I think it would take many sessions for your body to stay in the adjusted position. But I'm not a chiropractor!

I do like that he didn't you pressure in any way. From what you have said he seems to be honest. Please let us know how you make out.

en bloc 11-06-2014 11:47 PM

The proof is in the pudding, as they say. So let's be optimistic and hope for the best. We will all be waiting for updates from you and how you are doing...and whether it really worked.

Billylyne5 11-07-2014 02:44 AM

We'll after not sleeping properly for weeks thanks to pain, last night I slept like a baby, omg amazing, now my feet still hurt but my arms were no where near as bad 😮 long may it last