NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Spinal Disorders & Back Pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/spinal-disorders-and-back-pain/)
-   -   seems like I got old overnight (https://www.neurotalk.org/spinal-disorders-and-back-pain/212107-overnight.html)

valotte 11-12-2014 03:40 PM

seems like I got old overnight

I'm new here and would like to share my spine issues journey. For the last year i've had some minor foot/calf pain. Jan 2014 I was sitting down, reached for something and could barely get up due to pain in my low back. PT treated me for pinched nerve and I was on my way after a bit. The foot/calf pain continued I just figured I had to work it off. August 2014 my life changed when I reached up to turn radio on and this shooting calf pain went through and I could barely walk. I couldn't stand on my tippy toes at all. But no back pain so I went to podiatrist. I was treated for foot issues and slew of diagnosis and offers of cortisone shots which i declined. Wore a boot for 4 weeks - took off work 2 weeks - stopped going to gym I went to 4 times a week - all this with no back pain. I was frustrated and thought it was my back and discussed my right side theory with a few doctors and got blown off. I asked a podiatrist online and he suggested neural flossing. Within 4 days of flossing 3x a day the throbbing in my leg stopped. I was more convinced it was my back and went to chiropractor. Also had mri done and finally found some answers. I've got the results sitting here and not sure I really understand. My doctor emailed me the results, prescribed gabasomething, 6 day prednisone, and some flexeral that i don't take. my pain level has went from and 8 to a 4 since chiro and meds. I'm still not satisfied with pain level. my foot still hurts and once I started chiro my back also hurts. And my other leg is beginning to have issues. I only work 3 hours a day as a cleaning lady where I used to work 5. My whole lifestyle has changed.
My mri says: L4-5 diffuse disc bulge flattening of ventral aspect of thecal sac. mild narrowing of spinal canal. mild bilateral facet arthropathy.
L5-S1 posterior disk bulge with no narrowing spinal canal. mild bilateral facet arthropathy.
every thing else is normal. so what I understand is I have bulging discs, arthritis, and spinal stenosis. The chiro is real vague when I ask questions. I'm hoping pt is better.
If you've gotten this far reading - Thank you! Can anyone relate? Anyone have insight on the mri? I am beginning to understand this will not go away quickly and I have to make some adjustments. Some days are better than others. I don't want to burn my friends out with my health issues, but, man, I could use someone to talk to....

Jomar 11-12-2014 09:28 PM

Is the chiro expert & also trained to do upper cervical adjusting?

Mine didn't use all the fancy equipment/ xrays /measurements to do it but I feel his technique was a benefit for me. He did balance check & leg length checks before and after adjustments.
plus he seemed very skilled at all adjustments, spinal as well as other extremities as needed.

Chiropractic may not be a 100% fix, no matter who does it, but when things go downhill might be time to seek another with more training/experience just to see if they have that extra something..

I've read that sometimes if careful and very lucky bulges might resolve at some point.
I had foot pain and my DC suggested arch supports, he also used low level laser and adjusted my foot a few times, it was more of a Plantar Fasciitis thing.
but a few months it did not bother me anymore, I still use arch supports in my shoes