NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Survivors of Suicide (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/)
-   -   What's on your plate?..... (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/213086-whats-plate.html)

Alffe 12-04-2014 06:58 AM

What's on your plate?.....

So much to be thankful for! Finally got to meet Michaels grandchildren and they are everything we had hoped for. He would have been so proud of them. And of his son Nick. We are also crazy about Nicks wife.

We had earlier company this fall....Moi and family and they also are a joy although I would hope you'll keep Spanish Moss in your prayers....

Our new neighbors across the street have decorated their home for Christmas and I hope they are done, Mr.Alffe says it looks like a convenience store or a small airport! :rolleyes: They seem like very nice people when I have talked with them.

The neighbor in back of us stopped his truck while I was sweeping the street last week (pine needles and cones!) and we had a long conversation about life and death (told me Michael was very selfish to kill himself and told me that his son "packs" most of the time) It's an interesting time of the year.

I'm going to get out some decorations and throw out the pumpkins.

What's on your plate?

bizi 12-04-2014 11:00 AM

I can't believe your neighbor.....:mad:
sigh
love you bizi:Heart:

Alffe 12-04-2014 12:36 PM

I love you too Bizi but what's on your plate???? :D

Lara 12-04-2014 01:33 PM

I was thinking about you the other night Alffe.
I sometimes try to watch a show to unwind before I try to sleep. I was watching an old Project Runway series and they were up on The High Line.

bizi 12-04-2014 11:40 PM

Home alone, trying to be good, worrying about the future,blah blah blah.....

Alffe 12-05-2014 09:34 AM

Worrying about the future??? Long or short term? :hug: I got the porches "wrapped" and the tree up! Mr.Alffe got the outside tree lit, one strand of lights blinks on and off....not sure if the neighbors influenced him or why...trying to get used to it.

And the neighbor wasn't being unkind, he just wanted me to understand that suicide is ALWAYS a selfish thing. ~heavy sigh~

Now I need to get off this computer and go Christmas shopping! So that's what's on my plate this morning. :wink:

eva5667faliure 12-05-2014 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alffe (Post 1111333)
Worrying about the future??? Long or short term? :hug: I got the porches "wrapped" and the tree up! Mr.Alffe got the outside tree lit, one strand of lights blinks on and off....not sure if the neighbors influenced him or why...trying to get used to it.

And the neighbor wasn't being unkind, he just wanted me to understand that suicide is ALWAYS a selfish thing. ~heavy sigh~

Now I need to get off this computer and go Christmas shopping! So that's what's on my plate this morning. :wink:

ENJOY!
me

Alffe 12-05-2014 02:54 PM

I did enjoy shopping and made a big dent in the list. Mr.Alffe is out in the barn changing the timer for his tree...we want it to come on and go off earlier. I put some ornaments in the garage's window boxes and am going to quit!! :rolleyes:

Alffe 12-05-2014 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara (Post 1111193)
I was thinking about you the other night Alffe.
I sometimes try to watch a show to unwind before I try to sleep. I was watching an old Project Runway series and they were up on The High Line.

Love to walk the High Line...they open new parts every year Lara. :hug:

Wren 12-05-2014 06:26 PM

My floors are all awful ...... I really need to sweep and scrub, but I decided it was much more important to fill the goodie bags I was making for the kids in church school - then I would clean.
Then I decided it would be nice to cut out some wooden stars - one to tie on each bag - then I would clean. But each star had to be painted metallic gold on both sides - then I would clean. Each star was lovely but they would be nicer with some designs painted on with glitter - then I would clean.
My floors are awful ........ but, gee, those bags are nice.:o