NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   It seems like I've regressed (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/214062-ive-regressed.html)

Turn2turn 12-28-2014 03:13 PM

It seems like I've regressed

Hi all,
I'm kind of new here. I've been a lurker for a while. My accident happened on 09/06/2014. I suffered a sub arachnoid hemmorage along with a number of non-bran related injuries. The cognitive issues showed up quickly, but I've had continuous improvement until recently. It may be my imagination, but it seems to me that my memory problems have recently taken a step backwards. Have any of you experienced this?

Mark in Idaho 12-28-2014 03:49 PM

Turn2turn,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

Stress can often cause a regression. Christmas is a high stress time. I suggest you not worry about it for a while. See how you do over the next month.

Lara 12-28-2014 05:53 PM

Your accident wasn't all that long ago and you mention that you had a subarachnoid haemorrhage as well which is serious business.

I would suggest talking to your doctor if you feel you have stopped making progress in your recovery.

Bud 12-29-2014 05:37 AM

T2T,

I am 8.5 months into my injury.

The first 4 months were easy and had me thinking this was a piece of cake. It has definetly been a challenge the last 3 months but I am seeing changes for the better the last 2 weeks.

The 2 steps forward, one step back seems to apply. Keep an eye on the direction you travel not just the amount.

Bud

Lisamay71 01-04-2015 09:55 PM

Bud

My MVA was on September 17, 2014, I have had ups and downs recently too. I find the more stimulation I am exposed to the worse my lightheaded spells are and my brain feels "tired", I don't know if this makes since, but it's the only way I can describe it! Try to lay low, good luck!

Lightrail11 01-05-2015 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turn2turn (Post 1114975)
Hi all,
I'm kind of new here. I've been a lurker for a while. My accident happened on 09/06/2014. I suffered a sub arachnoid hemmorage along with a number of non-bran related injuries. The cognitive issues showed up quickly, but I've had continuous improvement until recently. It may be my imagination, but it seems to me that my memory problems have recently taken a step backwards. Have any of you experienced this?

Hi and welcome to NT.

As Lara mentioned four months isn't that long in the TBI recovery world. I also had a subarachnoid hemorrhage along with a epidural hematoma that required surgery. I still had some memory problems at four months which later resolved.

Hang in there. TBI recovery takes time. If you don't see improvement over the next couple of months consider a referral for a neuropsychological assessment to test for memory deficits. Speech and/or occupational therapy may be helpful.

Best to you in your recovery.