NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Pets & Wildlife (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/)
-   -   Keith Brockie: Wildlife art (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/214103-keith-brockie-wildlife-art.html)

mrsD 12-29-2014 05:19 PM

Keith Brockie: Wildlife art

I was cruising Ebay about 2 weeks ago and found his first book, when he was just starting out in 1980.

The book is mostly sketches, and just delightful.

So I found two more on Amazon used and ordered them today.
I am enjoying this first book of drawings slowly, in bed each night. They are so beautiful to fall asleep to.

Here is one link of his paintings...

Here is an example link of his drawings from life:

Look around this site... lots of interesting photos of him in the wilds, doing his work. He is also a bander of birds. In Scotland they call it ringer.

He really gets into bad weather and other situations as I am reading in his first book
This is the one I bought:

The sensitivity in his drawing is fantastic! He really feels the personality of each bird/animal in a very nice way!

I hope some of our posters here will enjoy his work too.

Sparky10 12-30-2014 10:32 AM

Beautiful! And his drawings are fabulous! ;)

How coincidental that I was, just this morning, thinking about my own drawing form. Not bad in 2D. :rolleyes:

mrsD 12-30-2014 10:49 AM

I do art work too, mostly nature, but also figure and still life.

Here is one pastel pencil drawing I did a while back. No where near as good as Brockie... but similar.

The second is a small sketchbook I maintain upNorth, this one is of a bat our cat left on the back stoop.

I guess that photo I did of the red tailed hawk in our yard would make a great drawing.. Looking at Brockie's work is giving me the "itch" to get off my butt and do more. LOL

Kitty 12-30-2014 11:21 AM

mrsD those drawings you did are beautiful! :)

RSD ME 01-01-2015 12:02 PM

hi MrsD. thanks for the posting the links to these beautiful drawings. they are amazing. hope you and everyone else here have a happy new year.

mrsD 01-08-2015 10:19 AM

My second used book by Keith Brockie arrived yesterday. Just in time for me to convalesce from some dental work.

This book, One Man's Island, is the original one from 1984,

It is even more beautiful than his first one. He is using colored paper as a ground now, and that enhances whites being applied as well as the darks. Some are in charcoal with white chalk and other in watercolors both transparent and gouache(opaque) They are done from the Isle of Man off Scotland, a really beautiful place. This volume has more plant subjects in it than the first one. I am expecting one more book, from Amazon used. Should be here soon...maybe today?

He has a newer book out too called Return to One Man's Island.
The Google link has both on it. The Google link rather changes about 1/2 way down. Brockie's photos are in the very beginning.